Am I the only one?

Ok, this may sound strange to some of you. 

Anyone that knows me knows that I work at an exhaust shop, I have also been welding for years with quite a bit of overall automotive knowledge. Now.... my 620. Its no show truck by any means but to be honest, I am pretty anal about how I do the work on this thing. Nothing is perfect, but I spend an excessive amount of time running wires where I want them, fabbing and cleaning things the way I want them.

Now, after lowering the front more I was running bottomed out front shocks. Rode like hell.... Yesterday at work the guys I work with took it upon themselves to donate the time to get her riding better. I explained the 79' lower arms will allow the front shock to drop down in them to add the length needed. They decided to extend the tops like many of you have done. My problem.... the mount itself is strong as hell, not the cleanest in the world. I know the average person will never see these damn things.. but it really bothers me knowing that they are done as clean as I would have done them. So bad its to the point where I am exploring what options I have of redoing them.

Am I losing it?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 years as an aircraft mechanic and some really trivial little stupid shit has kept me up at night. after a while, working in aerospace tolerances creeps into your head and comes out when you least expect it... like when your working on a lawnmower and catch yourself rationalizing drilling a bolt to install lock wire on it, or the random urge to torque stripe nuts and bolts

• Like 2

i would have and did avoid modding the sheetmetal (blatant hammering)but its not the prettiest on mine either i knew one day the shock towers would get cut off  ...for now i enjoy the shit out of the inch i gained ... and dont think about it ...the rest of the pretty work makes me happier

• Like 1

Just go with it for a while, if you cut it out and do it over, it will make them feel bad, and that can change things between you guys, although things might have already changed on your end.

Some of us like to do everything ourselves, while others go with group/friends all pooling in together to get all of the rigs lowered and moving quickly(the Jrock crew), I myself have this need to think about it for a while, sometimes I over think it, nothing I do is pretty, but it don't fall apart, ever.

Unfortunately some of us seem to think that no one can do it better than we ourselves can do(I am a good example), but it is done, so unless it is unsafe, live with it for a while, thank them for their help, and don't talk about things like that anymore.

BTW, never have Jrock install an engine for you, as it will have to come back out, this is one thing I have learned on here. :lol:

With my back and leg i have a hard time working on my shit anymore, i usually ahve to ask friends for help.  But i know what you mean, they dont do the same type of work i would normally do when my ocd kicks in, so its hard.  

• Like 1