Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a buddy dying of cancer who wants me to move to Seattle with him for his last few months. I know fucking no one there and have no prospects for work there but he swears I can find work picking ferns in the forest for flower arrangements or scraping barnacles off ship hulls. Is he full of crap?

I got a buddy dying of cancer who wants me to move to Seattle with him for his last few months. I know fucking no one there and have no prospects for work there but he swears I can find work picking ferns in the forest for flower arrangements or scraping barnacles off ship hulls. Is he full of crap?

Sounds like it. Go anyway. Life is short. Seattle is great

• Like 2

Not at all, I have a close friend who makes a very good living doing just that.

Ferns, Salal, moss, n such for arrangements, good money and out in one of the most beautiful forests in the world...if I had the ability to work again I would seriously consider doing it myself. Way better then being a banker, IMHO.

• Like 1

Not at all, I have a close friend who makes a very good living doing just that.

huh.....dude left there like 25 years ago so I assumed you PNW guys would say, "Maybe 25 years ago!". not really looking forward to another summer of 100' + days through Halloween and I love rain.

Removal of branding on cigarette packaging is coming to many more countries yet.

There's removal of labeling and then there's that... the pic my friend sent me was of a dead fetus... I have no other sources on this, but he told me that a pack of 20 is $20. I don't know if he was joking, but honestly it seems likely. Waaaaaay back when I smoked they were $25 a carton. I haven't looked at the exchange rates in a while either, but I'd assume it's .75-80 cents US to $1 aus

That's terrible about your friend. There is work to be had up here. If you decide you want a 100 F day, you can drive 3 hours over the Cascades into the high desert.... or hop on a ferry out to the Olympic Rainforest and see how truly breath taking it is.

• Like 1

Is your friend in actual Seattle?  ? You aint finding no work as a brush picker in Seattle proper. 

There is alot of manual / semi manual labor jobs here right now in construction and warehouse / loading dock work. 

• Like 1

just don't try to get a job at boeing. it sucks and they're being dicks right now

• Like 2

A tattoo is a tattoo, nothing more than paint on a canvas

I'd be concerned that paint on the canvas might come to life.

Then again, maybe she does her Kegel exercises often and that thing could work like a milking machine.