Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will when he actually tries to use it.

That kinda stuff interests me, as I use a pressure washer every day I work, I pressure wash for a living, it's hard work.

DSCN0499.JPG

DSCN0500.JPG

I have another that looks basically the same, mine have Vanguard 16hp engines, I used to have 13hp Honda engines, but the mufflers kept falling off, and when I took them in to be fixed, they told me the exhaust system was a non warranty item, one day the muffler fell off in the middle of the night, I put it back on and turned the rpms up a couple hundred, it smoothed out and the muffler stayed on till the engine blew up, I took it in as it was less than 6 months old, and yes the muffler had fell off several times in the first 6 months, anyway, they told me that the reason the engine blew up was because of over rev, and that was not covered under warranty, I looked at the guy straight in the eyes, and said "No more Hondas!", over the years they have told me that Honda fixed that issue, and I tell them they should have fixed that issue on the first 3 Hondas I had that kept loosing mufflers, they don't even say a thing anymore, fact is I just buy parts from them, I work on my own machines now, that way I know it is done right.

• Like 2

I got a cheapo Wal-Mart pressure washer. Good enough to do the driveway and yeah, that is some rough work man. Can't imagine doing it for a living

I cannot imagine using a wal-mart pressure washer, it would be like coloring in a coloring book using a ball point pen, it would take forever. :lol:

• Like 1

Did it blow up or something?

Not yet lol. When I got it someone had taken off the carb + intake housing + air-filter + and gas tank ? Said it was good for parts some years ago. Means that I worked on little engines since I was a kid... I just put new parts on/adjusted somethings and lubricated some points. Fired off the 5th-6th pull. I'm going to take out the inline fuel line filter , and need to barely tune the idea. I'll change the gearbox oil out soon :) .

It will when he actually tries to use it.

lol.., *death-star explosion*

Also, it says top gun. Lol

I know right !

.... danger zone ... :hyper:

That kinda stuff interests me, as I use a pressure washer every day I work, I pressure wash for a living, it's hard work.

DSCN0499.JPG

DSCN0500.JPG

I have another that looks basically the same, mine have Vanguard 16hp engines, I used to have 13hp Honda engines, but the mufflers kept falling off, and when I took them in to be fixed, they told me the exhaust system was a non warranty item, one day the muffler fell off in the middle of the night, I put it back on and turned the rpms up a couple hundred, it smoothed out and the muffler stayed on till the engine blew up, I took it in as it was less than 6 months old, and yes the muffler had fell off several times in the first 6 months, anyway, they told me that the reason the engine blew up was because of over rev, and that was not covered under warranty, I looked at the guy straight in the eyes, and said "No more Hondas!", over the years they have told me that Honda fixed that issue, and I tell them they should have fixed that issue on the first 3 Hondas I had that kept loosing mufflers, they don't even say a thing anymore, fact is I just buy parts from them, I work on my own machines now, that way I know it is done right.

Thanks for the info on the Wayno ! . That's sounds like a crap shoot with the exhaust.... errrr....  I had looked at replacing the muffler when I ran it today (just pondering mostly while running it). I've had smaller 8hp , 6.5hp , and 5.5hp Honda engines on other things that's what I had been use to. Well... the Briggs and Tecumseh's were regular as a kid. I do like those Briggs Vanguards (I remember the oil filter on the one at my old work was quite a pain to get to or get at in general was my only beef by whatever company did the platform for the pressure washer).

Yeah definitely ! I fix/tinker on my stuff as much as possible no matter what it is (that is ..... if or when I have the time to get it done) :) . That is hard work.

• Like 1

I cannot imagine using a wal-mart pressure washer, it would be like coloring in a coloring book using a ball point pen, it would take forever. :lol:

that is pretty much what it was like. i managed to get half my driveway done last year and it took most of the day. bought the thing to clean the plastics on my blue bike when i ran over a bottle of.... something

Yeah, I always just had one of those 'run of the mill' jobs like you get at home depot or where ever. It was not until I borrowed a friends pro grade model that I realized just how badly mine sucked. It spoiled me and made me step up and get one that is way overkill for what I need.

heres the trick with bachelor coffee, soooo easy.

bring about 3 cups water to a rapid boil, turn off heat, let water stand about 3 minutes

add about 4 tablespoons coffee grounds, stir and let sit for about 10 minutes, pour through strainer or filter

good to the last drop

bring about 3 cups water to a rapid boil, turn off heat, let water stand about 3 minutes

add about 4 tablespoons coffee grounds, stir and let sit for about 10 minutes, pour through strainer or filter

good to the last drop

This is why I said my coffee was crap. 

Drive to a coffee shop, cause you know that barista wants you.

good to the last drop

• Like 2

good to the last drop

Weak sauce.

Fill one mug coffee press with cold tap or filtered water. My water is fed about 8 miles from a mountain lake. Microwave for 2 1/2 min on high. Add coffee, I use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon full after work but heaping full when I get up for work, minimum. Stir in and get favorite mug ready. Yes favorite mug makes it taste better. Stir again and do something for 2-5 min. Stir and press it out. Clean out press now not later so it's ready when you are desperate for one.

edit: Ah I see that 1/4 cup is about 4 tablespoons.

Drive to a coffee shop, cause you know that barista wants you.

good to the last drop

Always thought barista was a Latina Chiquita with large breasts and brown bedroom eyes who admires you for your coffee weaknesses.  

• Like 2

Here's the issue...the girl owned (owns) a high brow coffee shop. No matter what amount of pouring fancy grounds in a French press I do, it's probably gonna fall short of the 10,000 dollar machine that WAS sitting on my counter that came with someone who knew how to work it perfectly. I'll live.