Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God I hate bright ass reverse lights. I fucking hate all lights that are brighter than they need to be. So blinding and dangerous. Your reverse lights light up, I get it. You are in reverse. Brighter in no way makes me yield any more.

It's not to make you yield more but to see better in the dark. It does make you more visible to others during the day and signal that you are intending to back up. How can they ever be brighter than they need to be?

re: tail and marker lights...

I think being seen trumps anyone thinking they are too bright. How about those idiots that smoke their turn and tail lights? Big ass Dodge with a Ram insignia covering the tail lights, or chev, fords etc. Think worst case scenario... dark, rain, fog and you are in an accident and stranded in the middle of the highway and a Darwin semi is bearing down on you. The sooner he sees you and gets on the brakes the better for passing your genes on. I have the proper projector HIDs with the razor sharp cut off light. I can see pedestrian's ankles and shoes light up a block away but not be in oncoming car eyes. I regularly check my marker lights are working as well as all others. I have extra LEDs in my front parking and rear running and turn signal lamps because I want people to know I'm there even if I don't see them!

Back up cameras.

Over all I think a bad idea. It encourages complacency, which is the norm these days. They reduce 'situational awareness' by focusing all your attention on a tv screen. Somehow it's implied that it makes backing up safer when all it does is make backing up towards or against something safer. Constant reliance on this gimmick reduces your driving skills I'm afraid. Keep using your mirrors and turn your head and look, keep your depth perception in practice. Hone your driving skills every day because others do not.

• Like 2

God I hate bright ass reverse lights. I fucking hate all lights that are brighter than they need to be. So blinding and dangerous. Your reverse lights light up, I get it. You are in reverse. Brighter in no way makes me yield any more.

Bright reverse lights are not for you to know I am backing up they are for me to see when I'm backing up in the dark.

• Like 8

I thought it was just me.Some headlights are so bright when i have a car coming at me with them they get my high beams in their face.Brake lights also,i can see that somebody has their brakes on just fine.I don't need a brighter light to figure it out.

I hate the LED lights on the newer cars & trucks -

WHY to they need to be that bright?

Same with DRL's - they should be no brighter than low beams.

And of course,the IDIOTS that need to have their driving lights on ALL

the time.I guess they can see better in the daytime.

I remember when only true enthusiasts used them (driving lights).

They would turn them off when there was any oncoming traffic.  

• Like 2

Headlights should be on at all times. They aren't on during the day to see, with but to be seen with. I do this for my own safety because other drivers expect to see headlights on, it's what tells them there is a car. If they are in a hurry, distracted, or just an average useless incompetent driver and they don't see headlights they can easily at a glance think there is no car coming. Think worst case scenario. Bright sun and you're driving in shade and a car stops at a cross road ahead of you....can he see you for sure or would having day lights on maybe give you an advantage?

• Like 3

Motorbikes post year 2000 here in AUS have the lights set to be on as soon as bike is started up and turn off only when bike is turned off.

I believe the US has been doing this for 30+ years. I think the newest bike I've seen with a headlight switch was a '77 model?

edit: Google says we did it in '79...

• Like 2

New cars here have day running lamps.... which is fine but many drive along till after dark and because they can see by the light think they are on when the tail and side markers are not. Why don't all the lights come on when the car is running to avoid this?

• Like 1

Daytime running lights should be on every car and should be law to turn on your headlights, if not equipped, during the daytime.

Sun is behind me when I drive to work. I can't see anybody in my mirror if they have their lights off.

Driving against the sun, I can't see oncoming traffic if lights are off.

Everyone should use their lights during the day. Safer for everybody.

• Like 4

Since people tend to not see little 80' nissan Datsuns , I do.

So many pull outs in front of me , some kid hopped in his bike with the running mount , into an intersection, hit my rear fender in the center lane , near median. Spin his wheel around truck driver style , he picked up his bike and ran the rest of the way.

• Like 1