cell phones and driving

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$250 ticket.  I looked to see who was calling, didn't answer the phone.  Got a ticket, contested in writing, was ruled in favor of the state.  FUCK!  $250 for not answering my phone.

Should have postponed until you had your bill and could PROVE that you weren't talking on the phone.

Mike-turn it off when driving? Sorta defeats the purpose of having a "mobile phone" now-doesn't it?

• Like 1

Mike-turn it off when driving? Sorta defeats the purpose of having a "mobile phone" now-doesn't it?

Wat??? It's still mobile when it's not working. :lol:

I remember when there were no cell phones. How directly the fuck did we survive those days without them? When people met on the street they actually nodded and said hello and no one knew how truly vapid your thoughts really were.

• Like 1

What I did was technically illegal. I basically asked the judge to assert that I was not who they meant to target with the expensive ass fine, and that I was a good little Boy Scout. But it didn't carry any weight with him, and now I would miss a day of work to contest it. The cheap route is to pay. My love hate relationship with cops it increasingly devoid of love...

Mike-I' work for the railroad.I have no schedule.I'm on call 24/7/365.When the phone rings I go to work.

Then to avoid traffic tickets pull over and answer it. (or not)

Or hands free operation? My wife has that. If I hear her in the car when she calls I hang up on her.

• Like 1

$250 ticket. I looked to see who was calling, didn't answer the phone. Got a ticket, contested in writing, was ruled in favor of the state. FUCK! $250 for not answering my phone.

What I did was technically illegal. I basically asked the judge to assert that I was not who they meant to target with the expensive ass fine, and that I was a good little Boy Scout. But it didn't carry any weight with him, and now I would miss a day of work to contest it. The cheap route is to pay. My love hate relationship with cops it increasingly devoid of love...

Next time get a lawyer. You're right and at the same time wrong. Your cell phone bill should show no call or you not answering it at the time of the ticket. If you were looking at it, you were using it and distracted. A love/hate relationship with the cops probably made this even worse with the ticketing officer.

This is me, but I often work on, and on the side of the public roads in and out of town and ride a bicycle about 8Km on the side of the highway every day. I have ZERO tolerance for cell phone use while driving... ZERO!!!  .....

Oh and Bill ... you said to improve multi tasking to someone? Well I'm of the opinion that god did not make us all equal in that. Hell some people can barely breath without fucking it up.

Next time get a lawyer. You're right and at the same time wrong. Your cell phone bill should show no call or you not answering it at the time of the ticket. If you were looking at it, you were using it and distracted. A love/hate relationship with the cops probably made this even worse with the ticketing officer.

This is me, but I often work on, and on the side of the public roads in and out of town and ride a bicycle about 8Km on the side of the highway every day. I have ZERO tolerance for cell phone use while driving... ZERO!!!  .....

Oh and Bill ... you said to improve multi tasking to someone? Well I'm of the opinion that god did not make us all equal in that. Hell some people can barely breath without fucking it up.

Plenty of bad drivers even wihout phones. As a percentage of the given mode of transportation, I bet I see more retard bikers than drivers. I bike, I'm not biased against bikers, but I rarely feel sympathetic for bikers when I see how retarded most of them ride. Bikers not riding defensively on a road made for cars is like famping next to a bear in the forest and expecting not to be mauled.

Bottom line. I was wrong. Turning off my phone is a good idea . I've accepted that what I'm actually pissed about is the $200 fine feels too high. But that makes it effective I suppose. They just raised it to $300 here this month. Wow.

What's the fine in your home state peeps?

$167 in BC... seems rather low to me.

Plenty of bad drivers even wihout phones. As a percentage of the given mode of transportation, I bet I see more retard bikers than drivers. I bike, I'm not biased against bikers, but I rarely feel sympathetic for bikers when I see how retarded most of them ride. Bikers not riding defensively on a road made for cars is like famping next to a bear in the forest and expecting not to be mauled.

No shit....

Bike riders texting

Bikes riding side by side

No helmets

Riding wrong way in traffic

I bet I see more retard bikers than drivers. I bike, I'm not biased against bikers, but I rarely feel sympathetic for bikers when I see how retarded most of them ride. Bikers not riding defensively on a road made for cars is like famping next to a bear in the forest and expecting not to be mauled.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Agreed. But until they out-law the following:

GPS/Nav systems

Power windows

Seat controls

Climate controls

Radios/tape decks/CD player

CB radios

MDTs

rear view mirrors

glove box

speedometers

gas gauges

I'll keep talking on my cell when needed.

lol yup.

There's an easy way around this.  Drive a loud Datsun where you can't hear the phone when it rings in your pocket.  That's what I do. ;)

in this case speaker phone is also useless and it is hard to hear on the regular ear piece too 

PROBLEM SOLVED 

DRIVE YOUR DATSUNS