Cadillac Engine Datsun 1600

crazyperson227

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you crazy??

"According to my latest pscyke review........ yes"------------- Cyrus the Virus (Con Air)

In the 70s a friend put one of those 472s from a Cadillac hurst into his '65 Chev. If you stepped on it under 40 the back would lift up and it would skate sideways. That's over 500 ft lbs of torque.

• Like 1

Yes it will fit ,, i put a Cummins 6bt with an Allison trans in mine and i only had to trim the inside of the fenders about an inch....more or less

WHAT? Talk about a burnout machine....

which reminds me of one of my favorite videos....

so much awesome.

hotrod mag did a build back in 99-00 where they put a 500 in a chevette...

this is what it looks like as of like 2 years ago.

this is going to give you alot of insight on what you have to look forward to.

http://bangshift.com/blog/steve-magnantes-bad-seed-caddy-powered-chevette-lives-the-project-that-fueled-a-million-bench-races.html

have fun not having a nice car you cant daily anymore..

I saw a pair of aluminum heads and high rise intake for one of these motors at the machine shop just the other day when i got my flywheel surfaced.. They are the kinda thing customers stand around talking about ,,,,,,,,, cuz ,,,,,  DAMN!

I saw a pair of aluminum heads and high rise intake for one of these motors at the machine shop just the other day when i got my flywheel surfaced.. They are the kinda thing customers stand around talking about ,,,,,,,,, cuz ,,,,,  DAMN!

YOU, stand around talking!!!!!???

• Like 1

Is it possible to drop a 429 or 472 Cadillac engine with a THM 400 transmission into a Datsun Roadster with minimal cutting? Just a random thought.

Ideas like this is why all the Pinto's weren't crushed. So people like this would have something to play with.

But if you really must it should be 4x4 to make good sense

26118800005_large_zpse6d954fe.jpg

Dear lord,  this isn`t the car you were thinking of putting the Caddy engine in is it,,, please tell me it isn`t.

You should bring this thing out to some local to you Datsun meets or Datsun cruises and you would find that thing is better than any "souped up" new car ,, seriously roadster guys hardly ever show up for shenanigans the guys will fall over themselves to get a look at her,,,, try it you'll like it  you'll love it...

(example) If i lived anywhere near the Wigwam hotel on 66 i would be there this weekend in my Datsun.. if only to aggravate those guys by eating all their food..lol

http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/item/1359-1969-datsun-1600/

classifieds-30859-0-17057800-1377235959_

classifieds-30859-0-34077700-1377236029_

We poke each other alot online but in person you will find a comradery that is not found in many other online car clubs...

Haha, no no. I promise you this is NOT the car I was thinking of. Anyways. Thank you.

I have a 1964 1500 I would like to fix up. The original engine is in need of a rebuild, so I was wondering what other engine I can drop. maybe the U20 motor? By the way its one of those... three seaters.

And as for the Chevy, I've already got a chevy. and no one mentioned a chevy :)