Which wheels would you choose on unlimited budget?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

I would bolt on round ones and not throw any thing on my Datto

Sorry, the devil made me do it on this post

• Like 2

maybe some nice work or ssr 6 lugs. maybe 17s possssibly 18s. perhaps 10" in the back, and between 8-9" in the front. 

as low offset as i could get away. which, in actuality isnt much out of my budget. of course, i got the hook up on japanese

6 lugs and theyre fairly inexpensive.

now if we were talking 4 lug... hayasahi yayoi/sakuras in perfect size and offset, whatever that might be. 

• Like 1

If i had unlimited build funds i really would still run my 13" minilites but i would have them widened and find better tires and build car around them.. I'm not really into expensive wheels just because they are expensive.

You know, its not that expensive to have wheels widened...I was never into expensive baller wheels either, but if you could afford them, why not? I plan on running some cheap reps on the track and then get some $$$$'s for show/pictures

Remember "Monster Garage" and all the other car shows on cable and satellite that butchered good old vehicles into half assed questionably road worthy vehicles? They all had a squirley computer geek that designed custom wheels and turned [literally] them out from forged blanks on a CAD machine lathe. I would personally have him machine me a set of repleca 1932 Cord wheels with the center cap, mostly because I have seen the orginals [love them! The fool that owned the Cord parked it on the streets of midtown Manhattan] and my factory RL411 wheel covers strongly resemble them.

• Like 1

Nothing says retarted like $5,000 rims on a $2,300 Datsun. If the car hasn't got the appeal no amount of rims will save it. Keeping this in mind I feel that for for every dollar of car value 10 cents can go toward rims. For our imaginary $2,300 Datsun, you should be able to find four nice used mags for a couple of hundred bux. Any more and you should have spent it on your car.

• Like 2

Mike....
Unlimited Budget.

With unlimited budget only half the cars here would be worth $2300.
I'd easily add another digit to that figure.

Oh and because Datsun. And because it's retarDed. ;) <3

• Like 1

Nothing says retarted like $5,000 rims on a $2,300 Datsun. If the car hasn't got the appeal no amount of rims will save it. Keeping this in mind I feel that for for every dollar of car value 10 cents can go toward rims. For our imaginary $2,300 Datsun, you should be able to find four nice used mags for a couple of hundred bux. Any more and you should have spent it on your car.

If you don't make very much money, its retarded to buy a nice pair of shoes?