Champiion radiator buy....anyone...

so im ordering three radiators form the ebay guy for the 3 core champion radiators for 510 and 521s......his price is 220.00  I got him down to 209.00  if I order at least 3..... if I could get to ten I would get under 200 bux.... if anyones interested pm me .. I need the money Monday cuz im ordering the ones I need then at the 209 price......lemme know

heres the link..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151035149419?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

if not no big deal I know its not a huge savings but I need these rads bad...... tired of relying on old cores...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no they do not make them for the 620, i have already called them directly.

the one rad they have as listed for a '73 620' does not fit, i ordered it, i have a 73 620. 

so now its just lying around until i rig it up. 

plus the 620 has like 2 or 3 different radiator core supports. 

if you missed it, i also emailed koyo and asked them if they have one for a 620 and they dont

and dont have any plans on making them at the moment

• 4 weeks later...

no they do not make them for the 620, i have already called them directly.

the one rad they have as listed for a '73 620' does not fit, i ordered it, i have a 73 620. 

so now its just lying around until i rig it up. 

plus the 620 has like 2 or 3 different radiator core supports. 

if you missed it, i also emailed koyo and asked them if they have one for a 620 and they dont

and dont have any plans on making them at the moment

Will the one you have laying around, fit a 521?

there is a guy in Covina that makes same radiator for I think it said 150.00

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/4016733179.html

That sure looks like a champion. Champion is about a mile from me. I've been there a couple times. They wanted me to make some radiator caps for them. I made a sample for them and I think they sent it to China to have them knock off my design.  

That's where they have the radiators made.

http://inlandempire....4016733179.html

that is not a 510 521 rad the lower input is the wrong shape so be sure to get the correct one. could hit alternator.

I got mine(champion) from Amazon and was 190 shipped I think to my house. havent run it yet.

You might neet to make washers as the 3 core is thicker and butts right up againt the core support lip.

I havent installed mine.

all things hainz said is true has to have the tight bend at the lower.... I got three beauty's ... love em ... drilling our the bottom tank for bung installs for the tem switches...fire pup the tig and burn some rod ...wooo hooooo.

I just use some 1/2 aluminum piping and make some 1/2 stand offs ... and use door edge guard on the core support... I now see my dual pusher fan install will take some core support trimming on the 521......the 510 has more room to fit the fans anywhere I want the lower shelf under the grill on the truck runs almost all the way to the radiator ..so im thinking I will make a template and trim the area out for the fans to mount on the front of the radiator...

I shopped around and found some cheaper radiators ... but in the end I was familiar with the champion and the quality ..... becoolrads gave me a little deal and they were here in 2 days both bonuses in my book....

im busy watching your video trying to learn to assemble a l20 long block .......man that's two hours of my life im glad I spent ..watching again so I can make sure I can get the head on right and timed and then onto the ka oil pump...but when I do I will post lots of pics I my build thread for the truck ....hainz why don't u come assemble my long block ....

• Like 2

I have one and i am not that impressed with them but they are china made and cheap.Not being a bubble buster but the koyo's are better made and the 510 one they make is a very close fit. And they were no help for me when i went to there main office in Irvine,they never let me in the building and it was 102 degrees outside,no class.I found a new company that looks like will make me happy but it will cost twice if not more as much but quality stuff.

I have been running the champion on my 510 for over a year now, besides the initial install problem of the brackets being welded flush with the rad and needed spacers (skateboard bearings) and 2 old hoses that burst with the first 2 test runs from finally being under full pressure I haven't had a single problem. I haven't even added any more water/antifreeze to it since.

L18, weber, 2' exhaust. Never has gone beyond M with 90 degree heat running it hard from portland to eugene (100 miles)

• Like 1

I have been running the champion on my 510 for over a year now, besides the initial install problem of the brackets being welded flush with the rad and needed spacers (skateboard bearings) and 2 old hoses that burst with the first 2 test runs from finally being under full pressure I haven't had a single problem. I haven't even added any more water/antifreeze to it since.

L18, weber, 2' exhaust. Never has gone beyond M with 90 degree heat running it hard from portland to eugene (100 miles)

For the record i did not say they would not work i just dont like them,i bought mine because thats all they had.I will not buy one again though for a few more dollars really you can get better quality with a koyo.

Again my opinion only.

Im confused about what you guys mean by "A quality Radiator"

I personally would define that as a radiator that keeps my car cool. I in fact have the same ebay radiator and it dropped into place with a couple spacers, no interference issues with the alternator, no ruptured or broken hoses ... bottom line is no problems. My car has never overheated and I dont even have an expansion tank installed at the moment, in fact its been well over a year without an expansion tank... go figure!

Im confused about what you guys mean by "A quality Radiator"

I personally would define that as a radiator that keeps my car cool. I in fact have the same ebay radiator and it dropped into place with a couple spacers, no interference issues with the alternator, no ruptured or broken hoses ... bottom line is no problems. My car has never overheated and I dont even have an expansion tank installed at the moment, in fact its been well over a year without an expansion tank... go figure!

Why are you confused?Fabrication when making them.I did say it was my opinion to me there junk.but yes they work.

I have one and i am not that impressed with them but they are china made and cheap.Not being a bubble buster but the koyo's are better made and the 510 one they make is a very close fit. And they were no help for me when i went to there main office in Irvine,they never let me in the building and it was 102 degrees outside,no class.I found a new company that looks like will make me happy but it will cost twice if not more as much but quality stuff.

who dat? maybe ill have them make me a radiator for my 620, since koyo wont make one and champion doesnt have one. i was just gonna go to koyo at jccs and ask if theyll sponsor me and then try n mod the 510 rad to fit in my truck