Another 510 KA24DE-T

I know thanks for the info though. I did a ton of research on e85 when I was building my 420 AWHP STi. Have you seen Haltechs flex fuel unit? If you haven't look it up, it's a pretty slick unit. I used to have RS3's on an STi I used to have. I think on this car I will run 205/45 or 205/50 R888's all the way around. As for the weight to traction ratio you are talking about, I should have more weight on the rear than some. I'll have a full sized battery over the rear member plus a 17 gallon fuel cell sunk DEEP into the spare tire well. It should help a little.

I'm thinking the 18g might not be the best turbo for autocross along with all of the other mods But I'm not planning on seriously competing. Just fun runs and some HPDE's. I got a great deal on the turbo though so I'll run with it for now.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't? Do you know a fabricator? Maybe you could add some lower door frame to that four point to get more forward rigidity.

I hear what you're saying Matt, but connecting the cage to the towers is not needed in the 510. Troy Ermish built my cage, and he doesn't run the cage to the towers in his own race car. Although the bracket is there he doesn't even use a strut bace. He talked me out of installing one in my car.

Troy27sRaceCar.jpg

I'm a big fan of shaving everything down to it's basic form. If you go that route you really have to go all the way, otherwise it looks half done IMO. Here's the thing though, your car is so complete it would almost be a toss up for me.

I like the blacked out look around the windows on your car. It might be interesting to take that a step further by keeping all the original chrome and stainless parts, but blacking them out as well. Lest face it, black against the orange of your car looks kick ass. 

Just my $.02

BTW, If you're tacking the stock tank out, you'll want to add a tower brace in the rear. You can weld one in, or use the stock tank brackets to bolt a simple bar across. I don't know if that 4 point cage you're looking at mounts to the tower, but if not you may want to add a tube to reach back there. That area will be taking a serious torque beating.

If the car is going to be a daily driver, saving the sidelight for safety is a valid consideration, but if it's going to be a track day, fun run car than... Kind of a dark forest green is it. Still, blacking out the chrome might look pretty sick.  :devil:

I shaved mine and have not had an issue, but haven't driven much.

I would not keep the stock ones.    An option I thought about was doing '69 fronts and trying to see if I could get also mount the '69 fronts on the rear, and then tint the lenses red. I'm not a fan of the '69 rear marker.

Without side markers it does look a little plain.

2013101e-vi.jpg

• Like 1

an interesting idea would be smooth em, and then drill new holes to run 68' Dodge Dart sidemarkers. they are simple and clean.

OAM-MP4151.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oam-mp4151/overview/year/1968/make/dodge/model/dart

OAM-MP4161.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oam-mp4161/overview/year/1968/make/dodge/model/dart

they are a bit pricey new, but i bet you could find them a little cheaper used somewhere

Just my $0.02 :thumbup:

• Like 2