Another 510 KA24DE-T

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The manufacturer (Kamak Dynamics) balanced the compressor wheel and the turbine wheel/shaft on schenck. Those are the only two pieces than need balancing. If you buy unbalanced parts, you will need to take it somewhere to have balanced...from what I understand...

So here are the differnces between the stock Mitsubishi 18g compressor wheel and the Kamak STS billet wheel. The kamak is obviously taller which is supposed to pull more air. It is also lighter than the cast stock wheel because of its smaller center. Less mass in the middle, larger blades and more surface area on the blades. Also there Are less blades total but more blade surface area

717E8EFB-20E9-44D4-A1CC-4FE0814838B8_zps

As you can see there is much more blade on the the Kamak STS wheel and has less mass/weight in the center.

98F0E823-3C61-45CD-9207-61EA5335396A_zps

Same concept with the exhaust wheel. Small center, less blades, less rotating mass but more total blade surface area and higher flowing. I have read on other forums that this exhaust wheel flows/power like a TD06SL2 with the spool characteristics of a smaller turbine. I won't have a baseline for comparison when I post dyno graphs but it should perform well and produce the numbers I am looking for.

352438B4-6D05-48D4-90E3-367E3140C7D0_zps

9731D73A-2E54-4CB8-9DD0-CE13F7A85A75_zps

6B7FCB54-E092-41FE-AD0B-9AAFE9EF1DE5_zps

• Like 1