4wd 1973 620 pickup

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran across a NAPCO converted D-20 the other day. The guy brought it to the shop for rebuild. He doesn't want the Datsun conversion left on it. These parts would allow you to bolt a D-20 directly to you're Datsun tranny.........As a married T-case .  Kind of an interesting set up. I prefer divorced so I will be putting the parts up for grabs.

so i found out today that the jeep lights and the datsun lights have the same connector, and the jeep ones are bigger. :devil: so i will be getting my u bolts on Friday, decided to save for the high steer knuckle but i will start the soa when i get the u bolts. I think the rear might sag under the weight of the bed so should I do an add a leaf. another question. This is for any one, if you are on this thread please answer, I cant decide between a custom flat bed a tube bed or the stock bed. help :confused:  :thumbup:  :unsure:  :(

Great tech Boxcar. :thumbup:

Parts Mike offers an exchange service for the flat tops and you can also arms fairly inexpensively on ebay if you don't have machining capabilities.

http://www.partsmike.com/index.php?crn=219&rn=1377&action=show_detail

I got some pictures for you of my spare t-case, but I am having conflicting emotions on the loss of a spare (I've gone through one or two cases) :lol: 

Let me think some more on that and check my storage unit to make sure I have enough extra parts to satisfy my hoarding needs. :)

I'm  just going to grab it. But at least you will know where you can find one.....

If ya want, I can build you a married unit with the Datsun adapter I already have

and a clean 20 (used) but clean and in working order. Or I can rebuild one for you.

PM me for my phone #

Sorry about the NAPCO . I grab every one I can find.

• Like 1

I think that axle needs to move further forward. You should have, at the minimum, 2 inches between the tire and the back of the wheel well in that last pic. Better to move it even further if you can to get an really good approach angle.

IMG_8715_zps55e68049.jpg

yeah polar opposites .....I would definitely at least move it back to centered in wheel opening steves is out there but I know what he is saying about approach ... prolly not much his truck wont get up and over with the forward seeting of his axle ... definitely move it forward