4wd 1973 620 pickup

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will the calipers fit under the 15 inch rims? i found a minor crack the the housing of the front axle so i will need to weld that. also is my rear axle normal because it has 3 drilled, uncovered holes in the outer tube. i am jest waiting on a trailer then expect regular up dates, i hove been busy putting on a roof for my neighbor. :hmm:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.glenngoodspeed.com%2Fvolvo%2FPOINTS.HTM&ei=Bs0QUtPVEMKCyAHmqIFo&usg=AFQjCNHy3VKwrYg_OV8on9PalaY7_Ap-yg&sig2=zZYZYdxDy1GW1dht5rsOpw

This is an artical by a Volvo owner. The process is the same. And the info is good. You're points are Delco. Not Bosch. 

You can also ask you're Grand Father to show you how. 

It's a simple thing to do . Used to be the first thing any kid lirned about engine maintanance. Now it's kind of a lost art.

no but the adjustment screw was in the back behind the dizzy and in front of the head. figured it out and it is now running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:  :rofl:  :thumbup:  :D  :wub:  :wub:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:

• Like 1

That's normal. You can upgrade the ignition system in that 360 fairly easily. I used the later motorcraft system, but it isn't super reliable. You can get a GM HEI style system that is a much better system all around. If you doo, keep the points stuff around as spares.