if you own a datsun, you should also own one of these!!!!

seriously though, you need one of these

31V0G12PR8L_SX385__zps77648cca.jpg

buy em here

http://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-648831-Nissan-Timing-Holding/dp/B0002Q8TV4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372198433&sr=8-1&keywords=datsun+timing+chain

or

http://www.handandpowertoolshop.com/products/view.aspx?sku=10369447&af=1715&cse=1715&gclid=CLGl6Z-ghbgCFcR_QgodTDsABw

i started on Ratsun a few years ago and hadn't heard of this till a nissan master tech let me borrow his old one... i was in awe that i had done a HG swap and not once been told about this amazing tool

yes, i know it can be done other ways(garden hose, wood block, PVC tube, ect ect)

BUT

for $10 shipped its too cheap and perfect not to have

works on: Nissan "L" series engines (1968-80 1.6L, 1.8L & 2.0L 4-cylinder, 1970-83 2.4L, 2.6L & 2.8L inline 6-cylinder)

867D6CB0-62C5-46A8-99EE-4FD8ACC71794-329

FE8A322F-1117-4BBF-B70C-795F52B2F3D0-329

• Like 6
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome timing!!  I was just going to pull out the Datsun manual and look at the schematics they give to make this tool out of wood.  I have to do a head gasket soon and I'd rather not spend the time to make a tool, so I will contact them now!!  Thanks

• Like 2

You should have made us guess first

Just need to qualify for Bananahamuck's sake that it has nothing to do with a body orifice

In Banana's defense, it could be....  Some people like jumper cables too!?

Hey, there's an idea for another taboo thread:  "Creative extra curricular tools".

I cancelled my backorder, and ordered one from here....  The price is higher, and they jacked up the shipping because I'm in Alaska.  $21 for shipping!  I bent over and took it, because I'd rather spend the money for a cool looking tool than make my own.  I wish companies would use the Post Office more.  With flat rate, things to Alaska can cost a lot less, but most companies only use UPS and FedEx. :(

If you own a Datsun, the best thing you should have is an understanding wife!

It took my wife 1 year and three different 510's before she started coming around to the looks.  Mind you her cars have been a '78 Camaro, '65 Mustang, '76 Mini, and currently a '76 Bronco.