Been awhile since I poked my head on here and said whats up but I know that you guys n gals know how Real Life can get. Needless to say there are some days where something out of the blue just totally takes you by surprise, this is mine. My mom and Step-dad have were big into the T-bucket scene back when I was still in high school.

Of the course of 96 to about 2006 they still went to car shows and what not while owning a number a T-buckets but only three stayed with the family. I had always joked about letting me have one (The guy owns like 10 cars, no joke) then one day I get a text from my mom asking if I had some garage space. I asked what was up and she let me in that my Step-dad was giving me one of the three T's that they had, a 1923 Custom C-cab with a 383 stroker. Needless to say...I was happy!  :hyper: :hyper:

thingstosale002_zps77297930.jpg

thingstosale001_zps9e01c5a9.jpg

thingstosale004_zps5fa2127e.jpg

thingstosale003_zps33f6ad61.jpg

• Like 14
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right as of now she is sitting in my garage getting some things fixed. She sat outside under a cover for almost 2 years but thankfully the engine still runs just fine. It may not be a datsun but oh is it fun to drive!

Very nice c-cab. I've been looking at a few bucket "kits" but I'm sure they are way outside of my current abilities. I'll probably stick to building Datsuns and computers till I hit the lottery :)

Good luck on selling the 68. Hope it finds a good home.

Wow... your rear tires cost more than my B210 and as much as my 620... They look awesome though!

Edit: meant to add this earlier, love your antenna ball :)

Thanks Kirden, that ball is long gone tho, someone took it. >> but now for more pics!

Yes, the tires are some bucks but here is why,

IMAG1002_zps62784692.jpg

Brand new Mickey's for the win!

IMAG1015_zpsee0e3397.jpg

I love the way these look!

IMAG1016_zpsc2275b8c.jpg

Oh yeah, loving it! Here's a better front shot, sorry for the light, my phone hates me.

IMAG1000_zps0c417b89.jpg

I've already started some of the upgrade work that needs to be done, namely, the wiring...but I'll have more on that with the next post!

Yeah, you're gonna need to roll that out in the sunlight and get some good pictures. Overall and detail shots. :cool:

Thanks for sharing this one with us :thumbup:

Thanks man, I sure will but before she can see sun light again, I have a few things to fix before I begin a total restore job. This car has been in my step's hands since I wanna say 98. They bought it how it sits today and did nothing with it. I was the one that took care of it. Cleaned it, drove it to shows, fixed what I could to make sure it didn't blow up. >>;

Well, put her up on stands last week, took the tires off and two new ones for the rear. While sitting, been noticing a good size leak coming from under from a few spots. So, start making a list of things to get. My focus will be the mechanical and setup of bucket's look before I paint the frame and cab. First on my list is the wiring! Oh dear god it's horrid...all the lights stopped working and the brake light hardly work....

IMAG1005_zps20611369.jpg

Currently sitting

Took the headlights to see what was up...yup, I think I found a problem....

IMAG1009_zpsd51dba6a.jpg

IMAG1007_zpsb3800581.jpg

Got the whole dash panel out and this is what I find....beautiful.

IMAG1021_zps18266ab3.jpg

but no worries because I got Painless wiring to save the day! Still, I'm going to remove all the interior to do this right. *sighs*

Trivia time! Who can name what this gauge cluster came out of?IMAG1019_zpsc87fc056.jpg

K=Trip said

"Not a good picture of my 1926 Ford four door sedan, but I had to post what I had.  Mine still sports the original motor and wood spoke wheels (even has the original paint), so it's pretty slow going.  On the other hand, it was built when there were very few paved roads - it does very well off road, I kid you not!"

An early accessory for the model T really helped winter driving.  You jacked up the car, replaced the rear wheels with 2 caterpiller type treads, and replaced the 2 front tires with a ski assembly. [ I doubt there are any on Craig's list anymore.]

K_Trip, that is nice! It's hard to find one still all stock that is running! I'd restore just like that. Anyways, no new pics yet but I'm removing the interior to get an idea how I'm going to set my harness. I'm thinking I'll put it under the seat instead on the firewall, make it easier to get too when it blow a fuse.

Update time. So I finally finished getting the interior taking out. Looks so much cleaner already. Took out the bulk of the main wiring under the dash, leaving only the MSD box and wires alone. IMAG1029_zpsb36eec31.jpg Loving the custom made trans tunnel cover, it was made from an old race car! Check the rub mark from another car's tire, wish I knew the history behind it.

IMAG1033_zps17bbecd3.jpg

From here, it's planning and positioning of where I will want everything. More soon.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, I'm back! Most of ya'll might have been asking, "Where the F! is the updates?!" well, it's been hot as hell to get out and work and I've been working my job so much I don't really have time...besides, been working on this,

IMAG1047_zps29c3c383.jpg

But not least to say I have not been working on my C-cab, I have!

IMAG1049_zpsa033e258.jpg

Got the MSD box and the painless wiring box back in place. I found that trying to put the fuse block under the seat was not going to work. I would have to built a box round that would have lifted the seat up and killing my vision out the window. :/ So I placed the fuse block back on the pass side where I can get to it with easy. Once the dash is back on, you won't be able to notice it all that much. Now the fun beigns, the running of the wires!

IMAG1050_zps8810d07e.jpg

IMAG1051_zpsa982ce97.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

She lives! Well, sort of, did a test fire and she cranked over and ran. Got most of the big stuff done, just the interior wiring and cleaning left to do now. No pic's just yet but I will them soon. Running into one problem, my headlights won't work for some reason. I hooked both of them up and only one side of the low would work. Hit the dimmer to switch and nothing. Getting power from switch, to dimmer to wires that hook up to the lights. When I try hooking up just one headlight, it won't come on at all. Will the highs not work if I don't have a high beam indicator light hooked up as well or do I not have a good ground? Anyone might know this one? Til I figure it out and fix a few more things, heres a pic of my new Beardie. 

IMAG1056_zps2bbb4cef.jpg