Trip Meter

Trip meter in a 510 in the US.  How rare? This is 70-73 510s.

On the realm they said it wasnt available on USDM cars.

I ask out of curiosity and because I sent my speedo off the be repaired rather than find a a second hand one because the one I have has a a trip meter. Wondering if having a trip meter is super rare or dime a dozen

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its at the speedo shop now but I dig a couple up one static one rolling.

There is a knob that sticks out below the dash you twist to reset it.  Trip never rolled past 4.4 miles and the speedo was so worn it was reading 100 at only about 60 but the OD did work so the internals werent too chewed.. I took a look inside but couldnt get the 10s place to roll over, so I I sent it to the shop cause I thought it was rare.  Im a little worried the bill will be large so I want to make sure this was worth it.

As you can see, way out of calibration, this was with an l16...

Pu35WIH.jpg

the only other I could find, static with engine running, mileage different.

rqNMW20.jpg

Let me know if you still are skeptics 

so is the knob on the left or right side of the steering column ? I assume left but just want to make sure so when I go to the local JY, I'll know where to look.

skeptics, naw

I believed ya from the beginning. 

I believe they were available on 510s to other countries. I have seen them in MPH and KPH. I have seen white needle and orange needle versions.

I have a cluster that has one with orange needles. You can see the reset knob in this picture. The cable is flexible. 

null_zps0f9d0d91.jpg

They seem to be sorta rare. Not unobtainium but hard to find. 

I've had a few over the years. Some how I came across an NOS unit a while back. I sold it on eBay but only got 200 for it :( should have kept it looking back. I installed my last one in kabluey with a factory clock which I like better than the tach. The clock looks pretty cool but actually functions unlike the tach.

24850-N0701 is the part number if still avail.

I have one also trip meter and odemeter works but not the speedo part.

since my gas gauge dont work I use the trip mter to fill up every 160-180miles

TEMP Looks alittle high also.

Champion Radiators has got 3 core in stock CC487 or the American Eaglr version AE487 if you call for like 189 I think +25shipping or try Amazon/Ebay.

I just ordered CC487 so we will see how good the Champion made in China is

http://www.championradiators.com/datsun-510-radiator-1968-1973

crap I just saw this

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/KOY-HH022598

The tach works fine, if, you use your points distributor. When switching to the dizzy, you will not be able to use it unless you modify it. Mine is modified to work with an electronic ignition. My old one was used with points and it worked great!