1984 Datsun Maxima 910 Project.

MrFreezy came by last night and helped me install the rear glass. It wasnt too bad actually.

First this video helped (I watched this on TV when I was a kid, never thought it would come in handy) Everything they say in that video is fully applicable to this job, its the same way, just a little tricky around the corners, remember to push down and move the glass until it seats.

Pictures of the back glass after I put the seal on.

IMAG0205_zps77dfbfc2.jpg

We installed it with me inside pulling on the cord inside the lip, slowly, and then very carefully around the edges. DO NOT force the cord around the corner. I pulled the corners up with a combination of my fingers and the cord. I pushed the bottom of the seal around the lip as well and kept straightening out the outside lip so it went around the body smoothly.

all in all it was not too bad, easier than I thought it would be honestly.

IMG_2435_zps025b4784.jpg

Now I have to install the chrome trim in this little lip. that looks almost less fun than the rest of the window.

IMG_2437_zps1c65a4f0.jpg

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

We can all be dicks sometimes. I click like on alot of shite, I dont always find a reason to comment.

Decided to clean off the 81' L28ET. Shes just been sitting, gettin dusty since the rebuild. Clean inside though.  sprayed a few drops of oil in the spark plug holes and turned her over a few times like I do every month or so. Shes beggin to go in. But my priorities list i not on the engine right now

1: finish interior

2: radiator

3: suspension

4: Megasquirt

5: exhaust

6: turbo

7: L28ET.

8: wheels

IMAG0211_zpsd9fd599c.jpg

IMAG0210_zps1768d06d.jpg

• Like 1

L28ET long-block looks clean and well done !

Valve cover doesn't look half bad.. of course everyone else is a better painter than I am... only telling the truth ..  :rofl: hahaha

Good on you for lubing her and give her the tuck n roll every now and then.

Her valve-springs and cylinders/rings thank you.

I see you haz the 81' CAS on the front .. are you going to use it with Megasquirt system ?

Are you staying with part of the 81' harness/computer when MS'd ? (not sure what you'll use/won't use.. or substitute is why I ask :lol:)

I'm curious to see how the megasquirt will be setup and what you'll end up using for components for the board and sensors :thumbup:

Also equally wondering what kind of turbo.

L28ET's make smile .. :D

Thanks man. I am just glad the girl is patient, shes virtually been waiting 32 years to let the cat outta the box, its only got 67k miles on it originally so its barely broken in!!.

I have a Mega squirt and spark (ms1) that I am going to use. I have the relay board as well so I will be running everything to that.

I do have an 81 CAS, But you can not use it with Megasquirt. I do however have a plan. I want to use the waterjet and cut out a new reluctor plate for the back of the crank pulley. Then I can run a standard hall effect mounted off the side.

Turbo plan is a Holset HX35, but that might change.

I am stuck on the dash side heater hoses, and the gromet around the water tube that goes through the firewall. My original ones look good, but I don't trust them. I am open to suggestions here. I am going to go to Autozone and see if they have any hoses that look workable in this size. But I am not sure how that is going to turn out.

I really could use some help on the gromet for the water tube, it has to fit in an oval.

IMAG0215_zps2022977b.jpg

I am stuck on the dash side heater hoses, and the gromet around the water tube that goes through the firewall. My original ones look good, but I don't trust them. I am open to suggestions here. I am going to go to Autozone and see if they have any hoses that look workable in this size. But I am not sure how that is going to turn out.

I really could use some help on the gromet for the water tube, it has to fit in an oval.

IMAG0215_zps2022977b.jpg

I was in the same boat with my 810.You're worse off.Try Merles and ask them if you can go in back and go through their hose rack.

Thanks to DAWA, I got my rare Unobtanium parts today. a Brand New window REAR seal from Japan. Date on the part number tag is 09/06/24. so this isnt NOS its NEW.

null_zps10fc8ea6.jpg

null_zpsd95069ea.jpg

[url=http://s156.photobucket.com/user/captaingamez/media/null_zps61a41ef3.jpg.html]null_zps61a41ef3.jpg[/uR

Where did you end up getting this seal? The new sedan I just picked up will need one in the future... after I boil the fuel tank out. BTW the sedan has the same color interior as your car so I am also on the hunt for a center console and a few other bits.

Where did you end up getting this seal? The new sedan I just picked up will need one in the future... after I boil the fuel tank out. BTW the sedan has the same color interior as your car so I am also on the hunt for a center console and a few other bits.

Amayama.com, just type in the part number you see on the bag. make sure you put in all your information when asked for it for an accurate shipment and such. Select Japan for the stock location, not UAE.

Give me the length & I.D of the hoses.

The I.D. on both hoses is about 16mm

The length on the right longer one is 35mm from the left end to the middle of the first bend,  165mm of straight from that point to the beginning of the second bend, and110mm  from the beginning of the second bend to the end of the hose, 310mm total.

The total length of the curved hose on the left is 225mm.

Amayama.com, just type in the part number you see on the bag. make sure you put in all your information when asked for it for an accurate shipment and such. Select Japan for the stock location, not UAE.

The I.D. on both hoses is about 16mm

The length on the right longer one is 35mm from the left end to the middle of the first bend,  165mm of straight from that point to the beginning of the second bend, and110mm  from the beginning of the second bend to the end of the hose, 310mm total.

The total length of the curved hose on the left is 225mm.

I may have results tomorrow A.M.If not it won't be until I get back on Friday.

I found the grommet from a Toyota Corolla, 2001. same part, firewall heater grommet, it should be here on tuesday.Now just waiting to figure out the hoses.

You're doing very well!  As to the carpet, you will either get to be an expert with a curved upholstery needle to fit the pieces together or you will have to check JCWhitney

HAHAHAHA!!, That ended up being so true. I am a gangsta with a curved leather needle now.

Here is the interior with the finished carpets and trim panels installed. Camera sucks though. The carpet fits excellent.

IMG_2578_zps9531e3d7.jpg

IMG_2574_zpse7593d7b.jpg