1984 Datsun Maxima 910 Project.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Idk about e85 I would think it need a lot of modification to run ethanol on these engines, they usually don't like ethanol kills hp and performance. If you were going that far might as well do a L28 swap more hp and displacement. Too bad we don't have what japan does to there L-6's or we would see 450+hp L24's and 900hp L28's.

• Like 1

You can do that, everyone does, but the power will be unclean and shitty and not tuned. I think there is no point to boost at all if you are just gonna do that and spray shit tons of fuel and more ignition.

Now you can run these things with no knock at all, when well tuned on 16psi, with a water-air intercooler and make 350 all day, reliable, effecient power.

yea you would definetly need to tune it for e85. my rb25 runs e85 and i love it, never overheats even after my elextric fans blew i didnt even notice until i parked the car. im looking into nistune to see if theres a way to get a standalone system.

New radiator came in today!!.

Yes I got a cheap chinese one, I wanted to get a custom one made locally but I need my car running now not in a couple months (best laid plans.......). It has a lifetime warranty so we should be good, at least for a while.

IMAG0328_zps3943b764.jpg

IMAG0329_zps518a8a4d.jpg

Ima have dat pussy on tha chainwaaax!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Why bother to get it corrected?

Because then my title wont match the VIN still, and the title VIN still wont match the title and the Emissions paperwork VIN wont match the title, so I can not do wnything at all until this is corrected, I can not do ANYTHING AT ALL WITH THE CAR!

In Arizona you can not make something your property until it passes emissions. Emissions must be passed to transfer your title. I have been unable to transfer the title untile I had this under a temp tag and insure it, to drive it to emissions, which it passed, but they took the VIN off the car VIN plate. So the emissions paperwork is correct to the car.

But according to AZ, the car doesn't exist, because this fuck up has been ongoing for over 10 years(how long MVD keeps their paperwork), so whoever last had the car under the correctly titled VIN is no longer in the records, and the last owners over 10+ years have been going off the wrong paperwork, and wrong number.

Heres where it gets crazy, it still comes up as a Maxima to my insurance company with the wrong VIN.

Yup, arizona state law now says that you can not make something your property unless it passes emissions. Regardless if you want to register it on the road or not. This counts for all cars of any sort, so if you want to have a title for your race car, which will never see a road ever, it has to pass emissions.

Gotta love how government works FOR you right?

FINALLY a state with some smog regs more asinine than CA :)

Yup, arizona state law now says that you can not make something your property unless it passes emissions. Regardless if you want to register it on the road or not. This counts for all cars of any sort, so if you want to have a title for your race car, which will never see a road ever, it has to pass emissions.

Gotta love how government works FOR you right?

FINALLY a state with some smog regs more asinine than CA :)

Unfortunately not, CA still holds the worst there. All you have to do is emissions once every two years here, nothing much past that, if you have OBDII its a guaranteed pass if your engine is running correctly and you dont have any check engine light.

My honda could be 600hp turbo and it will pass with flying colors every time in AZ, as long as it has OBDII.

But to require this of every vehicle before you can make it your property is appalling.

thats almost exactly the same as here...

6yr old cars or newer no smog check at all.....

Smog every two years via OBDII, no tailpipe sniffer....

pre OBDII back to 1976 standard smog inspection....

1975 or older are exempt...  AND believe it or not there are still a handful of counties that require no smog checks regardless of year. 

However we don't have the "every vehicle before you can make it your property" .....  SOOOOO it looks like AZ has surpassed CA on the stupid list to me  B) 

Unfortunately not, CA still holds the worst there. All you have to do is emissions once every two years here, nothing much past that, if you have OBDII its a guaranteed pass if your engine is running correctly and you dont have any check engine light.

My honda could be 600hp turbo and it will pass with flying colors every time in AZ, as long as it has OBDII.

But to require this of every vehicle before you can make it your property is appalling.

PS- hahahaha you said Honda  :poke: