1984 Datsun Maxima 910 Project.

thats almost exactly the same as here...

6yr old cars or newer no smog check at all.....

Smog every two years via OBDII, no tailpipe sniffer....

pre OBDII back to 1976 standard smog inspection....

1975 or older are exempt...  AND believe it or not there are still a handful of counties that require no smog checks regardless of year. 

However we don't have the "every vehicle before you can make it your property" .....  SOOOOO it looks like AZ has surpassed CA on the stupid list to me  B) 

PS- hahahaha you said Honda  :poke:

HAHA, yes I did.

Seems like you might be right though.

Here there are only two counties that emissions, Maricopa (phoenix) and Tucson, basically whewre like %70 of the population live.

But you have to do emissions if you are newer than 1967

You can get around it if you have a garage, which is a requirement for classic car insurance, and then you are exempt from emissions for having that.

All cars, even brand new, have to do emissions here if my understanding is correct.

It's frustrating when a modified car can pass the sniffer test with lower emissions than a brand new car yet fails the visual inspection

because of what's under the hood!!  That's what happened to someone I know some years back.

Hell, here all you have to have under the hood is a charcoal canister, takes literally 3 minutes to put in and take out and you will pass, haha.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No pics on this page, that means there is a problem!!

Look at this gross ass timing cover

IMAG0333_zps1e652c75.jpg

Timing cover+ coolant neck held together literally with cardboard and JB weld.

IMAG0332_zps2cdeac2f.jpg

Here is is all apart, The grill was a PITA to get out, just because of old ass hardware, other than that its a piece of cake.

IMAG0334_zpsd37f07a0.jpg

I installed a new water pump of course, thermostat was still good(new when I bought it), one of the local guys hooked me up with a new coolant neck, and then I installed the radiator.

IMAG0347_zps4010fb11.jpg

And here she is out in the world!!

IMAG0337_zps66a328d3.jpg

She just hit 190,000 miles today!! Still purrs like a kitten, runs smooth and very strong, original engine as far as I can tell.

IMAG0336_zps69b22a9e.jpg

• Like 2

She is really driving quite beautiful, except the FS5W71B, it is shifting like a box full of marbles. lol. No, seriously,  it makes a lot of nasty noises unless your in 3-4, lol, 5 is okay, but makes a low whirring sound once up to speed. That and the springs/shocks are literally older than I am, lolololol. Next up after the title fuck up is handled?=Suspension. The fun stuff. Gotta get this thing handling so well that George Fury could drive it.

Yella found a shafter at pnp that's scary.

Your guna be in awe with what I've managed to make my engine bay look like in my 810. Ill post pics when I get it done.

What is a shafter?, I wanna see!!

Get the seal from Nissan or AtomicBoys.

What is Atomicboys? The seal is going to be unavailable from Nissan.

If you really can't find anything here the U.S. I been looking online for overseas stuff yes more spendy but sometimes that's the only way to go.

www.autoletparts.com

They also have a Facebook page if you do the FB thing you can email them with questions and prices. Also goki also known as Datsmo is heading to japan I'm 2 weeks and is bring back parts you order (if he can find them) but it has to be small things.

Okay I contacted Autolet, and their prices are fucking insanity, No wonder their inventory is so big, they dont sell very much at these prices.

Its like Nissan price + %500 markup, absurd. Their shipping is also insanely high, it Should not ever cost $65 to ship the items I requested from Thailand. Especially when a steering hub can be shipped at the grand price of $25 shipped from 20 different vendors. So no, I am not talking out my ass, I do virtually nothing but international sales/shipping with eBay, their prices are astronomical.

Tiny plastic part for rear view mirror Nissan -$6     Autolet -$35

Rear differential mount                     Nissan - $63   Autolet - $150

Actual cost to ship from Thailand - $30-40               Autolet - $65.

Thanks, but no thanks Autolet.

Cant imagine the price they have on that 910 shift boot. I just got my NOS one for $35 shipped, guessing they want $125, before shipping.

To be honest I am fine with paying almost double the price on NOS stuff, but not tripple, quadruple and so on.