POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

You know I was going to respond to this nonsense but then again you all are entitled to your opinions this is America! If any of you had any sense you would have figured out that I really do not want to sell my car! why would anyone put the bad first in an effort to sell something! Oh and John Mclain thank you for your input I appreciate always before I hate! If anyone knows me the car will be mint before I let it leave. It is the honest thing to disclose information. Lastly instead of hating all of you should push for the highest price possible as you can print the auction out and keep it for your records to match up for stated value insurance or the selling of your own car. Anytime I see a 510 up for a big price I always root for them because it only helps everyone in the long run. I appreciate you all in this community of datsuns. I will see you at the swap meet people. peace!

Well said.  It's your car/sale, you can ask whatever you want for it.  Not like TSR parts are cheap, either.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I revised it for you and lowered the price. Peace on love to you sir.

Let's start with the bad: After reading all of the haterism from the famous Ratsun forum I have decided that there will be no bad! If you buy this car you will get it in pristine condition! I would have done this anyway because that is the type of person I am but after reading what I read I figured I would make that clear here too! Thanks Ratsun people you are the greatest! 

You know I was going to respond to this nonsense but then again you all are entitled to your opinions this is America! If any of you had any sense you would have figured out that I really do not want to sell my car! why would anyone put the bad first in an effort to sell something! Oh and John Mclain thank you for your input I appreciate always before I hate! If anyone knows me the car will be mint before I let it leave. It is the honest thing to disclose information. Lastly instead of hating all of you should push for the highest price possible as you can print the auction out and keep it for your records to match up for stated value insurance or the selling of your own car. Anytime I see a 510 up for a big price I always root for them because it only helps everyone in the long run. I appreciate you all in this community of datsuns. I will see you at the swap meet people. peace!

By the way, my quote above had nothing to do with your particular car,  It was THIS car: http://sfbay.craigsl...4348194810.html

But since we are talking about rust, the shoe still fits.

As for sense, the RATSUN folks here come from all sorts of background and experience, we do have sense, more common than not. B)

• Like 1

By the way, my quote above had nothing to do with your particular car,  It was THIS car: http://sfbay.craigsl...4348194810.html

B)

So crazed with butthurt he didn't even read what you had quoted in your post,,,, that he quoted.

RAGE!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

As for the Ebay car most Ratsuners couldn't afford it if it was $20,000. cheaper than it is,,  so a grain of salt would have went along way.

• Like 3

The car may have a few blemishes but I know for sure the car flys like a bat out of hell Iv'e recently ridden in it. The amount of work that's been done and put into it is nuts, the pics and description do it no justice. Its too pricey for most of us folks blood and I know why he's selling it but it's not my place to say.

I have fixed and restored many of cars for myself and friends over the past 30 years and one of the main things I have learned is a car is worth only what people are willing to pay for it.

It can go like a bat out of hell, have the fanciest parts, all the chrome, thumping stereo, and a 10 foot deep paint job on it too match and in the end it is what it is and what people are willing to pay for a 40+ year import. I have seen pristine 510's being sold for less in better shape than yours that have been on the for sale block for months now. I don't know you, and by the sound of your ad about you knowing someone to fix the rust for $500 and you recommended changing the shifter, and the banging exhaust you didn't want to fix it because it entitled you to disassemble the car made it sound like you had no intention of having the car "mint" before you "leave it".   Even with all those items fixed I would pay maybe $15- 16K on a generous day. A car, unless it has exotic and unique with a high demand, is a depreciating asset. Most car enthusiast knows that. Unless you have something like a vintage Ferrari, and original Hemi Cuda, or a Yenko Camaro, pouring money into car is a losing proposition. Anybody with sense knows that.

I appreciate you being honest about the car, not many people are and I do not hate it or you at all. I do think a person should ask for the highest price possible but there is a point where it does become ridiculous and unrealistic. I myself have had too taken losses on most cars I have done but that is the name of the game. I have found the easiest way to combat losses is to keep stock parts and when it comes time to sell, strip the aftermarket, put back on the stock parts and sell separately. Of course drive train swaps and body mods you can't really undo without greater expense, but you get the point.

I am very meticulous when it comes to buying a car. If the seller has an attitude ( i.e., "I have been in Datsuns for 25 years so don't try me"- I saw in one ad) - I walk or won’t even respond (your ad has plenty of attitude also). I am the type that will check under the radiator cap, pull the plugs, jack the car and check for front end slop, I check the floor boards; I look under the dash, check the oil, differential and tranny fluid, and run a magnet along the body. I do all this after I ask "What does it have wrong with it?” If I find one thing that was not disclosed or if they refuse to let me check, then I walk.

I appreciate why and what you are trying to do but reality is reality and sometimes that is a pill hard to swallow. Take this as constructive criticism and maybe change your ad with less attitude and more positivity and have realistic expectation and it might sell at a higher price than what it should rather than what you think. Good luck.

• Like 2

I have fixed and restored many of cars for myself and friends over the past 30 years and one of the main things I have learned is a car is worth only what people are willing to pay for it.

It can go like a bat out of hell, have the fanciest parts, all the chrome, thumping stereo, and a 10 foot deep paint job on it too match and in the end it is what it is and what people are willing to pay for a 40+ year import. I have seen pristine 510's being sold for less in better shape than yours that have been on the for sale block for months now. I don't know you, and by the sound of your ad about you knowing someone to fix the rust for $500 and you recommended changing the shifter, and the banging exhaust you didn't want to fix it because it entitled you to disassemble the car made it sound like you had no intention of having the car "mint" before you "leave it".   Even with all those items fixed I would pay maybe $15- 16K on a generous day. A car, unless it has exotic and unique with a high demand, is a depreciating asset. Most car enthusiast knows that. Unless you have something like a vintage Ferrari, and original Hemi Cuda, or a Yenko Camaro, pouring money into car is a losing proposition. Anybody with sense knows that.

I appreciate you being honest about the car, not many people are and I do not hate it or you at all. I do think a person should ask for the highest price possible but there is a point where it does become ridiculous and unrealistic. I myself have had too taken losses on most cars I have done but that is the name of the game. I have found the easiest way to combat losses is to keep stock parts and when it comes time to sell, strip the aftermarket, put back on the stock parts and sell separately. Of course drive train swaps and body mods you can't really undo without greater expense, but you get the point.

I am very meticulous when it comes to buying a car. If the seller has an attitude ( i.e., "I have been in Datsuns for 25 years so don't try me"- I saw in one ad) - I walk or won’t even respond (your ad has plenty of attitude also). I am the type that will check under the radiator cap, pull the plugs, jack the car and check for front end slop, I check the floor boards; I look under the dash, check the oil, differential and tranny fluid, and run a magnet along the body. I do all this after I ask "What does it have wrong with it?” If I find one thing that was not disclosed or if they refuse to let me check, then I walk.

I appreciate why and what you are trying to do but reality is reality and sometimes that is a pill hard to swallow. Take this as constructive criticism and maybe change your ad with less attitude and more positivity and have realistic expectation and it might sell at a higher price than what it should rather than what you think. Good luck.

I have been into Datsuns for 43 years and have a good idea what they are all about. The quote that John posted here is "suitable for framing" and applies to a number of vehicles, not just Datsuns. One would be wise to listen to what is stated in this quote as it can save a lot of headaches later on when the car doesn't sell because of unrealistic expectations.

• Like 1

I have been into Datsuns for 43 years and have a good idea what they are all about. The quote that John posted here is "suitable for framing" and applies to a number of vehicles, not just Datsuns. One would be wise to listen to what is stated in this quote as it can save a lot of headaches later on when the car doesn't sell because of unrealistic expectations.

Thank you :thumbup: .

• Like 1

I revised it for you and lowered the price. Peace on love to you sir.

Let's start with the bad: After reading all of the haterism from the famous Ratsun forum I have decided that there will be no bad! If you buy this car you will get it in pristine condition! I would have done this anyway because that is the type of person I am but after reading what I read I figured I would make that clear here too! Thanks Ratsun people you are the greatest!

There is a silver one that I know of in SoCal that the guy wants $15k for. It's an extremely nice example (as yours is), but almost half the asking price. You never get out if them what you have into them.

• Like 2

People that expect every penny they put into a car there selling are an idiot I'm sorry, but a car is the worst investment anyone can make. We buy these cars, fix them and even modify because we want for the love of them or being a car enthusiast. I'm not calling anyone here an idiot just the people they expect every penny back I've seen it and heard it a lot. Put it into an auction and if it sells for the price you priced it then good if not then it just wasn't its time. These aren't classic corvettes, panteras, Shelby cobras, GTO, Cuba etc.

thank you bro nothing but 510 love for everyone seriously! The car is sold now. You will still see me at the swap meets I will forever be a datsun guy. No more builds for me though when life is right for me again I will pick up an R35gtr. Take care folks!

People that expect every penny they put into a car there selling are an idiot I'm sorry, but a car is the worst investment anyone can make. We buy these cars, fix them and even modify because we want for the love of them or being a car enthusiast. I'm not calling anyone here an idiot just the people they expect every penny back I've seen it and heard it a lot. Put it into an auction and if it sells for the price you priced it then good if not then it just wasn't its time. These aren't classic corvettes, panteras, Shelby cobras, GTO, Cuba etc.

I hear ya!!! My favorite though is the individual that wants $1500 for his $300 car because he owes $1500 in back rent. :confused:

thank you bro nothing but 510 love for everyone seriously! The car is sold now. You will still see me at the swap meets I will forever be a datsun guy. No more builds for me though when life is right for me again I will pick up an R35gtr. Take care folks!

I just clicked on your auction and it said: "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available". It didn't say SOLD.  

Nevertheless, I hope that you got the price that you wanted for your car. :thumbup: 

I just clicked on your auction and it said: "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available". It didn't say SOLD.  

Nevertheless, I hope that you got the price that you wanted for your car. :thumbup:

Yes sir that is correct. I got a deposit large enough take it off ebay. Actually works out better as I don't have to pay the final auction value fees. I got what I wanted. I am also glad that it is going to a Datsun person. Couldn't ask for it to go to a better place. Take care folks.

• Like 1