Skibs 240Z

Skib

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the auto 280zx turbo came with a oil cooler and they run to 200k+ without issue. The oil cooler is not necessary in stock form. Not until you turn boost up anyway, but in that case you'll need a ic and what not as well so it's kind of irrelevant.

It would only help to run one though no doubt about that.

Soooooooo done yet? :lol:

Just the auto 280zx turbo came with a oil cooler and they run to 200k+ without issue. The oil cooler is not necessary in stock form. Not until you turn boost up anyway, but in that case you'll need a ic and what not as well so it's kind of irrelevant.

It would only help to run one though no doubt about that.

Soooooooo done yet? :lol:

ya I planned on running one later but Im only going to run 7-10lbs unless Im at the track so I dont need one yet. I have a FMIC set up coming tomorrow with aluminum piping, 3in thick IC and turbonetics BOV.

ya I planned on running one later but Im only going to run 7-10lbs unless Im at the track so I dont need one yet. I have a FMIC set up coming tomorrow with aluminum piping, 3in thick IC and turbonetics BOV.

Oh ya? Nice

Why do you have that J pipe in there? Just to get it up and going, or shits and giggles?

Why do you have that J pipe in there? Just to get it up and going, or shits and giggles?

it was just to get it going untill the IC stuff came because I was expecting to get it done sooner lol but I hit so many snags that I woulnt need to run it with the J pipe.

Guest jaimesix

Very cool project.

What begun as a rat ride is becoming a very powerfull and fast Datsun!!! Can't wait to hear it purr.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

a completed long block and some mock up :D:lol::fu:

IMG_0025-2.jpg

IMG_0023-2.jpg

IMG_0024-1.jpg

it was just to get it going untill the IC stuff came because I was expecting to get it done sooner lol but I hit so many snags that I woulnt need to run it with the J pipe.

Well maybe that's a good thing, so long as your done in time for your big meet.

Have you tackled any of the wiring?

72240z: Iv worked out most of it, I still have a few mystery plugs tho :rolleyes:.

lol having more than like 4 wires is still a little foreign to me :lol:

a little update: its mostly mock up and the pics suck because its flash in the dark,

but hey, its somethin :fu:

P3260232.jpg

P3260229.jpg

P3260233.jpg

Looking good man. I ask about the wiring because I am soon to follow and will prob be bugging the shit out of you about it.... j/k lol.

its pretty strait forward since the engine harness isnt integrated with anything else, Iv got plugs for the knock sensor, head temp, air meeter, injectors, CAS, TPS, and O2 sensor. theres a cold start injector plug Im not using, 4 mystery plugs, and I think there should be a plug for my igniter but Im not sure yet :confused:

I have a service manual and all data so if you get stumped just let me know.

It's not really the harness that's has me perplexed but wiring it in to the z lol. I've done swaps but always efi to efi, will be new ground for me.

Hey Skib... Not bad..... for a Z car.....

A fuckin' home brew, built by the owner, doin the best you can with what ya got.... Z car.

Nice work!

P.S. I'm in town for a couple days should you need any assistance that I can/could provide..

~slo

What all do you need to do now?

^ eat some aspirin and get free money :lol:

well Im just turning in, been working on the Z all night.

I made a franken-fan that fits with my IC piping and radiator (just barely)

also got a little fitting IC art done :fu:

the fans a bit tilted so Iv got a little (tiny) bit more room than in these pics,

its close but it should work :D

0404090149b.jpg

0404090149.jpg

and now for a little IC art, its more detailed than you can see in pictures with it being on fins sadly 0404090150.jpg

0404090226a.jpg

and a design concept I started on the other side, I might go back and make something of that later :fu:

0404090226.jpg

ok so, I tryed a start up lastnight and blew a wire and all the smoke got out of it :mad:

buuuutt, its fixed now. the alt wiring was all fucked up.

now it cranks but no spark and Im rewiring the ignitor and that should do it :D