Skibs 240Z

Skib

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phuckin' sweet dude!!

Were you able to get an oil feed-line setup from oil filter service? I wonder if the hybrid turbo will hit harder than the stock T3. :eek:

I'd love to help you tune it, but I think my wideband O2 sensor went out on my LM-1. :mellow:

LOL i fired it up and went to the gas station but my batt is totally dead and i had to get a jump to get back, besides not being tuned its running pretty nice :D

Were you able to get an oil feed-line setup from oil filter service? I wonder if the hybrid turbo will hit harder than the stock T3. :eek:

I'd love to help you tune it, but I think my wideband O2 sensor went out on my LM-1. :mellow:

I cut the messed up section out of my oil line and put some braided steel rubber hose there for now. there was like some super hard baked in oil in there or something, it was some nasty stuff.

lol who knows I havent got on it yet, still gotta break it in nice a good.

bummer man, arnt those widebands spendy? :blink:

bitchin im glad all the big bugs have been worked out we need pics of it and the busted turbo

lol Ill get some soon as I clean up out there.

bummer man, arnt those widebands spendy? :blink:
Yes. A Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor usually runs about $100.

About the same price as 4-5 rear oil seals, maybe cheaper than a turbo rebuild or replacement turbo caused by a plugged oil feed line. :rolleyes:

thanks guys

About the same price as 4-5 rear oil seals, maybe cheaper than a turbo rebuild or replacement turbo caused by a plugged oil feed line. :rolleyes:

:lol: ssshhhhhhh :P

the batt has been charging all day so hope to get it tuned and then Ill get some vid. iv got some pics of the busted turbo soo, just havent uploaded them yet

:fu: gotta start somewhere

this is the first motor Iv ever built so Im not going to be surprised if shit breaks lol just gotta go back and make it stronger.

Its not the first motor in this Z and woulnt be the last :cool:

i hear that, i gotta rip the tranny off the se-r cause i forgot to put that plate between the engine an trans.. PLUS i gotta tap out one of the holes in the tranny cause its refusing to let this bolt thread in, an its an important bolt.. so ya man i hear ya... this is the 3rd engine this cars had.. hopefully this one will last me a good long time :)

FINALLY!

ok so its been running and driving, but running rough and crappy (thats why I havent made a driving vid yet lol)

well I guess having 2 dead injectors and only running on 4cyl will do that :lol:

hope to pick up 2 working ones tomorrow :D

LMAO OMG DUDE THATS FUNNY.. me an my buddy alan were sittin here watchin that vid goin.. man that sounds like its down a couple cylinders dont it?? lol what sux is i had some spare l28et injectors but i dont know what happend to them.. i think they went to kyle with a manifold i was gonna have him make a 4cyl fi mani for me.. anyway.. i'd ask him if he has any if i were u

nice, how did u find out they were bad?

I knew not all the cyl where firing so I started with getting new plugs since they where all black and I stuck the new ones in, runs the same. so I pulled all the wires and turned it over a few times then pulled each plug and cyl 3 and 6 where dry as a bone while all the others had fuel on them.

lol and as promised heres some busted turbo pics :lol:

IMG_0051.jpg

its sposta be on like so

IMG_0055-1.jpg

but snapped right here :blink:

IMG_0054-2.jpg

and was just rattling around the housing... oops :mellow:

IMG_0056-1.jpg

the bolts on the cold side are in there good but heres the shaft play...

goes from this...

IMG_0059-2.jpg

to this...

IMG_0057-1.jpg

and the moral of the story kids.....

always check your oil lines and make sure there not plugged :blink: :lol: