our new addition to the family!

Greiggy

finally after hanging out for a while, a good condition 521 has appeared. when i seen it in person we knew it needed to be saved, it was originally destined for a farm hack ...

98 thousand original miles

original owners manual + warranty/servicing booklet

Original tool pouch + jack and handle

2 owners since new ( im the third :D )

needs a lick of paint and a 4th hubcab and itll be finished.

will happily live next to TOY620 when shes finished :D

27072008.jpg

27072008002.jpg

27072008001.jpg

dscf2091.jpg

dscf2090.jpg

dscf2088.jpg

41c6_1.jpg

we take delivery of it this friday night. so more in depth pictures when its home here.

what do you all reckon?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome my 521 friend. thats cool how you have all the paper work. they even say the paint code and key code. even says the engine number. hows that for provenance. i've never seen a 521 warranty/service book. whats the date on the back of the owners manual? do any of the tools say nissan on them? i'm looking forward to your pics when you get it.

i wonder if your the only 521 owner from down under on this site? right hand drive is cool.

I ahve a queston, why does it seem all of the older truck, have flat beds. It is just something I noticed and have akways wanted to ask??? By the way very cool find, I like finding the old manuals and paper work.....

I was about to ask the same thing. Must not be many beds around

• 4 weeks later...

small update. thought id take some pics of it with my titans bolted on to see how it looked! didnt come up too shabby!! the old man wants to steal them off me now!!

DSCF2111.jpg

DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2104.jpg

also took some pics of the interior and the jack and tool kits.

DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2106.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

also the original servicing dealer stickers on the car

DSCF2099.jpg

DSCF2100.jpg

you guys have titans over there!?!

i imported this set approx 12 months ago, originally destined for my 620.

to my knowledge i have the only set in aus (happy to be proven wrong though!!)

thanks for the comments as well!!

the plan for this one is to return it to stock and get it as original as possible.

Sweeeeeeeet! Looks mad with the titans on, now drop it down as far as you can and it will be perfect. So how do you go about getting a tub for it? Didn't they import any at all to Aus? Between you and me we'll have a whole set of datto utes soon, all we need is a 320.

OK, I'm confused. SAE wrenches from Nissan?????? Don't You guys in Australia use metric? Are the bolts on a Japanese built shipped to Australia vehicle SAE???? Crazy. It would be cool to get a set of those wrenches somehow. Do You see them at garage sales or swapmeets? Very cool tool set. Mike

I've seen a 521 with tub here in Canberra. Along with a couple of 620s, came across a very tidy 620 yesterday actually. If I had some spare cash I'd be offering to buy it.

The reason why most older trucks end up with flat beds is we work the trucks really hard here. I found out the tub on my old 720, which had a heavy duty steel flat bed when I got it, was so badly rusted the police ordered it off the road. Yet the cab was pretty much rust free, apart from the firewall under the brake master cyl.

• 3 months later...

small update, still here waiting for the shed to be cleared out for it to go in and be fixed up !!

we sprayed the roof in a white sealer so the rust that was on there didnt get any worse.

DSCF2238.jpgDSCF2239.jpg

also the tray dad is resto'ing back to original for it. trying to keep it as std as possible.

DSCF2240.jpg

• 8 months later...

Great work. Take your locks to a locksmith and have keys made. A good lock smith can pick the locks to get barrels out. Also some times on the passenger door lock and or drivers door lock there is a 4 digit cut code. Good luck! On my 520 the code is on both locks. Had to pick ignition to get it apart to rekey.

Here is an example of key codes:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr132/Charlie69_Datsun/Spare%20Parts/DSC00572.jpg[/img]"]DSC00572.jpg

Edited by Charlie69