New To the 720 crowd..

nismo24096

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

off topic but wanted to share a few pics of my old 240s that I have had.

This one I had for almost 10 years finally sold it to a buddy of mine, I miss this car still...as does he cause he sold it a few years back and we both regret it...lol  this is an HDR pic..

khalilscarHDR_zps918de843.jpg

This one I had a few years and finally sold it too love the coupes this was my second one first one was an 89 I had a few cars before the 96 above.

IMG_0771.jpg

ok enough about the past...these were just some of my favorites that I have had over the years.  Back to the Truck build...lol 

Yup they hold a special place in my heart for sure...the 96 had one of the very few 100 shot NOS computer controlled kits from JimWolfTechnology in it...when my buddy called them about it they were like we dont make a 100 shot kit for the KA...He was like you did...they looked my name up and was like shit we did huh..so it was one of the few that was ever done it seems..that was a fun car for sure...the S13 had an all forged motor with direct port NOS that was injected under the intake rail on the inside of the snail curve. used the old EGR ports for the locations..alot of time and creativity went into both of those builds. Funny part is all the stereo parts that I have for the truck were purchased for the S13 but never installed. been sitting in my closet for almost 4 years now..

• Like 1

Ok just went by to talk to the auto body shop that will be painting the truck .. he has agreed to let me camp out there for a week....using my vacation time from work to be able to be there everyday and do as much of the bs work to the truck as I can with him giving me directions...as needed. first order of business is to get the bed media blasted and sealed in primer..it will be sprayed with bedliner when finished. I think this will be a cool project. I can still say I did most of the work to the truck when its all said and done, hell he might even let me learn to spray it..Maybe primer...I want him to do the final spray..since I still paying good money for this..but I really like the fact that I will get to learn from him. so if everything goes as planned and I get off for the week I want I should have the truck done and out by 10/10 lets keep our fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, well having the truck done by 10/10 is gonna be a challenge but it still might happen,   funny part is that I have spent the last three days pretty much undoing or redoing everything that I have done so far..or at least doing it to a higher standard. the truck is now leaving beater status and heading toward legit..lol  I have decided that bondo in the tail gate is no longer an option and will be welding in metal to fix it soon. anyways here are the so called progress pics...although it looks more like regress pics...I took out the  side glass and weather striping from the windows, may take out the glass front and rear, not sure if I want to risk damaging the  chrome trim doing it though so it may stay in. biggest challenge has been fixing the roof which was crushed in due to the previous owner letting his 60+ lb dog sleep on top of it... but its getting there...and NO the guy in the pic with his thumbs up is not me...lol hes on of the shops workers...

CAM00759_zpspyp87ept.jpg

CAM00773_zpsijablpi5.jpg

holes in top of the tailgate

CAM00772_zpspyccpttd.jpg

more holes, bottom area of tailgate look just as bad. all will get replaced with new metal.

CAM00771_zpspkjaztuo.jpg

Yes I was at slamfest 2014 in gainesville fl... the truck looked complete then...

CAM00770_zpsiri8bcly.jpg

CAM00769_zpsyvudoqfp.jpg

CAM00768_zpskytbovgg.jpg

CAM00767_zpsbohuzwkj.jpg

CAM00766_zpssdrkm2uv.jpg

CAM00765_zpsudw2klzv.jpg

CAM00764_zpsd4l4gx8a.jpg

again...NOT ME....lol

CAM00763_zpsuo2pxxp4.jpg

CAM00761_zpsxb0zi4vb.jpg

well thats it for now..tomorrow I will be adding internal bracing to the cab roof as to never have to worry about the roof caving in again..that and since I plan to run some serious bass later I  dont want to be hearing that shit rattling...

ok I have kinda changed my mind again on the colors for the truck...man this is the worst part..lol  anyways here are the new thoughs. 

the green is a brighter green with metallic flake in it, the stripes on the side will be the same green but a few shades darker. and the top will be a cream color, or light beige not sure if it will have any metallic to it or not..if it does it might be a caddy color.  and yes I am a big poser and will buy a damn surfboard to paint the same colors...hey I live in florida I can get away with it...lol

truck-test-ideas3_zps7f5c0d20.jpg

I am with Guam671 on this. A nice, slightly understated look is much cooler tan fender mirrors and a spoiler. A spoiler, really? Just seems so wrong to me. But we each and all enjoy our own aesthetics relative to these things.-

lol  thats why I put any thoughts? Im actually planning on doing away with the the factory side mirrors all together and doing on of the big broadway, or wink mirrors inside the cab. I got to drive a truck with one yesterday and you dont even need side mirrors with that thing..no blind spots at all...but I think I will run some smaller style mirror in the standard spots later on but for now I plan to weld up the factory holes in the doors. So what do you guys think of the new color combo. it has a more laid back feel than the other ones in my opinion and for a truck with 87 hp thats on point...lol

I wish that you wold come and weld mine up too.

I am going to change out to black, stock 1986 mirrors, stock in the stock location. I think that looks better than the elephant ears (which I have) or mirrors out on the fenders (absurd placement, doesn’t even look good).

I like the spoiler,, haven't convinced boy (FAT510) to dump the front on his ,,,,,,,,,,, yet,,,,, :devil:  BUT when i do,  adding a spoiler to look lower and still be able to scraaaape around into parking lots ,, is better than high centering and looking like a total ass. :rofl:   No plans to lower rear as the 295/60/15 are kinda limiting factor in that so she'll have some serious Cali rake going on for sure.

Tomorrow Im getting the bed sandblasted and primed on the inside in prep for doing the spray in bed liner... I think Im gonna add some sheet metal to the sides first to make mine a double walled bed so I have some protection from all the body damage I just fixed...

• Like 1

OK, all 720 kingcab beds are the same, they are all interchangeable, but the regular cabs are a different story, the 1980-82 regular cab short and long boxes are about 3 or 4 inches longer than the 1983-86 boxes, they lengthened the regular cabs in 1983 about that amount, more legroom, less box.

I think the later beds are a slightly different length... Not entirely positive on that though.

• Like 1