New To the 720 crowd..

nismo24096

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My engine is running great so that will be the last thing I mess with. But I am curious, is that a stock valve cover, aftermarket, and can you share where yo came up with it? Also can you share what you did with all the stupid vacum lines? It looks very clean and uncluttered compared to mine. Z24 2.4L

Thanks for the remark about my truck, I am going to try to do it right. Once again sorry about putting my thread here i was not paying attention.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got some work done today....

CAM00528_zps3540c33f.jpg

CAM00529_zps3b0e57ab.jpg

CAM00531_zps1ff6be24.jpg

CAM00533_zps42080976.jpg

CAM00535_zps2f216500.jpg[/CAM00537_zps7fa47a94.jpg

CAM00538_zps9843e5d7.jpg

white was laid down with a clear on it to help me  see if I got all the dent out..it will be sanded down and reprimed soon.

CAM00530_zpsb8013098.jpg

the reason the hood was off, had to paint it. 

On the final color not sure yet, but its gonna be the primer green for a little while with a white roof and some other white areas. wheels more than likely will end up white.  The main reason Im leaving it primer is that i can slowly fix areas of concern and just prime the area again and it blends right in.  the only downside is that primer is not sealed and over time will cause issues. if left in that state.  as for the radiator yes it was just polished up with a wire wheel and then cleared with high temp engine clear I love how it looks. and Im not sure what years came with the copper ones. I hope to make some more progress on it next week on my days off.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys just a small update.  Went to the junk yard today and pulled some 85 720 4x4 leafs off to help lower the truck even more. going to order some poly bushing and clean them up and paint them before installing them cause it was a bitch to get them off the truck in the yard and although mine has the bed off and should be easy..no since doing this crap more than needed.  So plan as of right now is to order the 4x4 bushings for the leafs  and order the rest of the bushings for my 2 wheel drive 82 model.  anyone got a particular brand of bushings that they would recommend. as far as poly goes.  and please lets not start a debate on rubber stock vs poly.....i know i know...lol just looking for brands people have used that are manufactured well and fit nice. planning to do the front also.  thanks in advance guys.

That's exactly what the springs I used as well. Just dropped off the overload off, as well as the stacks. Put my old stock flat overload onto the 4x4 pack. Slaps a little on bumps, but I'm going to coilovers in a few months, so I'm not worries about it.

I also used Energy Suspension poly bushings on the springs. Rides great!