New To the 720 crowd..

nismo24096

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually they are gonna be more of a bronze color. but most likely a satin or flat color. only reason Im leaning toward the white at this point is that I can plasti dip them first to see if I really can live with white wheels..and maybe later paint or powder coat them.

OK after alot of debate, I think Im gonna get some professional help with painting the truck. not sure what scheme I will end up doing yet..might just do all white...but I figure if I can get it all done for under a grand Im good with that...I told the guy that I would not spend more on the paint job than I paid for the whole damn truck so thats where by budget came from...lol Hes a cool guy and come to find out he owns the little 85 toyota truck that runs around here that is slammed on staggered rims..I told him it was his truck that got me wanting an older mini truck to start with..weird part is I was thinking the shop I was talking to was gonna do the paint job and he was like nope we outsource to this one guy..follow me to his shop so I did, on the way I got passed by the little toyota that i loved so much and the guy was giving me big thumbs up on it as he rode by..this made my day....then the guy I was following to the shop waves at the guy and starts following him...I was like no way..does he work at the shop we are going to.....sure enough he owns the shop...and he could not stop talking about my truck when we got there...he admitted to actually chasing me down to get a better look at it...funny how shit all works out some time. so after talking to him he cant wait to get started on it...and is willing to let me help with the process to keep the cost in my budget...so if all goes well I will get the whole truck re-primed....I will help block it out...then re-primed again...then a real two stage paint job...door jams and all...and more than likely a spray in bed liner also...so thats with me helping take it apart fenders and getting the bed off so its a real deal spray job...pretty much everything but the engine bay since thats ok the way it is... I will be sure to take lots of progress pics as we work through this..but I think in the long run I will come out cheaper since I dont have to buy a compressor, gun, tent, etc etc....and I still get to have hands on each part of it..so still get the learning part too....

That's good to know, I've really not paid a lot of attention to the Z series engines until I got one in my 720... I pretty much thought all the truck engines came with the stamped steel covers and the cars came with the cast aluminum. I may have to visit the pick and pulls a little more often and see if I can get the aluminum one for mine... Even tho I'm also thinking about putting a KA head on the Z block eventually, maybe at overhaul time.

Does the aluminum valve cover fit all z24 truck motors, like my 1985? If so, I gotta have me one of them!

Yes it does. I have one myself. And I bought my dad one but he hasn't put it on yet. But you gotta buy the z22 vc gasket for it cause the z24 gasket is totally different. You'll see how when you do it.

Here's one on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-VALVE-COVER-Z20-Z22-Z24-200SX-510-620-720-/111449106736?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19f2e26930&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

Oh yeah, you need the bolts too. 

& yes there different. You can't use the screws cause there too short. The aluminum vc bolt is a little more than 1 3/4 in. long. 10mm and a 1.0 thread pitch

I don't really know how to measure bolts but that's what I got and hope it helps.

Okay now back to the build. lol

OK, I got a few things done today, one raised the front just a bit...and actually installed the spoiler with hardware this time...its a pretty good fit and I have plenty of clearance now that its no lower than i was used to in my old 240sx so I'm good, now when I put the 17s on the truck that might change some but just have to pay attention to where I'm driving.. 

CAM00717_zpslmv2nks3.jpg

CAM00718_zpsbunn9xfh.jpg

CAM00719_zpsrqsnhbiv.jpg

CAM00720_zpsfrxxkqrg.jpg

CAM00721_zps1djpbu70.jpg

CAM00724_zps3okgu3l0.jpg

Looks low as hell in my yard...but thats cause I need to mow...lol