LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Did not get enough done to get truck to canby this year. Bummed ! But I am making 2014 ! And as many local cruise ops as I can get.

Have been Workin a couple hours a day,got some supports in and started mounting everything for the last time.I will post pictures asap. I am happy,looks pretty cool. ( I think ).

You can put more than one photo in each post.

It looks real good, smoother than any body work I am capable of.

I would like to see this in person someday.

This is just my opinion, but I would fill the rail all the way back to the end of the bed like you did that first 3 inches.  

Thanks for the tip on pictures wayno, I can barely work this dam email machine. And thanks it looks ok, you will see this thing in the flesh someday I hope to drive it to as many meets as I can. Still bummed I could get my Shit together enough to make canby.

And yes sir ( c.t.d. ) I did all the above, it is wood, metal,bondo and fiberglass is next.l added metal as a filler between the bed and the cab. I bolted,welded where I could and did the rest with bondo. I will be putting f glass over everything in the end.

Thanks for the tip on pictures wayno, I can barely work this dam email machine. And thanks it looks ok, you will see this thing in the flesh someday I hope to drive it to as many meets as I can. Still bummed I could get my Shit together enough to make canby.

And yes sir ( c.t.d. ) I did all the above, it is wood, metal,bondo and fiberglass is next.l added metal as a filler between the bed and the cab. I bolted,welded where I could and did the rest with bondo. I will be putting f glass over everything in the end.

Drive it to the "Blue Lake" meet, that one is a one day meet that lasts about 4 hours in east Portland(Gresham actually), it is in early August.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/53814-blue-lake-show-2013/

• 3 weeks later...

You know, I always like a vintage truck and My opinion usually is to leave it in it's origional condition but I have to say I LIKE WHAT YOU'VE DONE ! ! !   When finished You will have one of the uniquest trucks ever built and that also forms as an inspiration for others to try different things. Keep up the good work ! !

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I am just building what I see, if along the way someone else likes it to.well, That's awesome.

That's what has always made datsun kool to me, doesn't matter if its a all wheel drive 510 or an all stock 521.they all have special personalities of there own. Never found 2 exactly alike .

I don't get a lot of time to keep up the the forum the way I'd like. I'm tryin.

Thanks for the local thread I need to pay better attention.

As for the lil oranges near future. Just trying to drive it everywhere,everyday. Got an oil leak to fix right now, I will be starting to do some.work with th kc cab soon. Gonna paint it black also.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Really can't beleive I am here "AGAIN" but sometimes in life choices get made for you. And a woman who's name I can't mention has made some changes to my life that requires I change some things in a hurry.

So will be posting a classified ad shortly with a bunch of toys that must go .including the orange truck and other datsun & stuff.

Son if a bitch this sucks.will be taking best cash offers.gotta sell asap