LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

Copy that. ! Try to come between this guy and his datsun again and we're gonna be boxing.!

Thanks fellas ! I had a crazy romance goin with this thing,almost lost it,and now I am in for the long haul.

And yes sir will have the truck in Canby ! Won't be anywhere close to done but it will be there. I got my camping pass email yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heading up to canby on that Friday. Your welcome to convoy up with me if you want. I will more then likely be meetin up with the Sacramento convoy as they pass through Eugene on the way. That's what I normally do.

whats next : as stated, I feel i have a blank slate here,so i am going ahead with my plans. uni-body,convert,k.c.cab top,trunk,so much stuff.

right now trying to get it ready to roll up to canby. so i am going to cut the old top off,reinforce the cab and bed,build some interior.

IMAG1187_zps2b9d9780.jpg

On my last comment" one step closer to Bondo " I am talkin about on the box. All of the edges are gonna be rounded ,filled,sanded,before f glass . And I still a ton of Crap. Speakers,amp,lights.

I am going to finish the other side ( fitting ) and then the box is coming out for final bondo .

While the box is out ,I am going to test fit the k.c. top to the body . I also have a steel spacer to make that's going to go between the cab and bed.

What is it they always say.? It easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. !

IMAG0966_zpsce14b652.jpg

Of all the amazing things, I will be going (Datsun) boating in a few hours with the guy that put this run on ! ! Robbie Klima founded N.A.M.T.O (National Association of Mini Truck Owners). This run was in an area called "Deep Creek" which is on the Mojave River in the Hesperia area. Hesperia is east of and just south of Victorville, CA. I had not seen Robbie in over 30 years and was showing My green truck, Funtana, in Laughlin, Nevada two years ago. Robbie walked up and after all of those years, I recognized Him ! ! He now lives over here and We see each other regularly. Also, this run was the last mini truck run I attended because I had bought a 1956 Ford panel truck. I was out of mini trucks from 1982 until 1997. I have a dash plaque from this run.

P1010252_zps9b6be2ae.jpg

Robbie had one more run the next year at the same location and then bowed out of promoting runs. He also had a Toyota 4X4 that was a feature and cover truck in Truckin' Magazine.

KGrHqRqoFDlHSnbFmBRLBTcKwBg60_57_zpsd50c

T2eC16dQE9s3HF4sWBRLBTu0rUw60_57_zps2450

A really great guy, I am pleased to once again be hanging around with Him and His wife, Jennifer. 

• Like 1

Yeah,it was on cl,in eugene,got it from a friend,original owner. Already running great.!

I don't know if I should canopy it up,or make it convertible rod.

And yeah "stock brakes... Crazy...my buddy said it was a handful to stop.

Do You still keep in contact with the original owner? I am hoping that He might have old photos of the truck and also other trucks at truck runs. Do You mind asking Him? Thanks, Mike

• Like 1

Hey Mike! Al here, I do have contact with the original owner he has been seaching for a while now for all his old pictures. But nothing yet.,he does remember the drive down from Oregon. Crazy part is I spent 12 years in that area before moving back . And have spent plenty of time in the Apple valley. All over the inland empire .

I did come across this web with a bunch of pictures of the meet.

( http://public.fotki.com/Lordmodelbuilder/mini_truckin/6th_annual_desert/42.html#media )

I thought I found my truck in the picture's but it wasn't it. I have been hoping someone would see the sticker and have more info or pictures. Yeah that trip is what inspired the v-8 swap. (Richardson) previous owner said he was at that meet and heard of a kit to do a swap and went home and got one.

Some if the crazy things to me : this is the original un-cracked windshield from 1977,with my luck I will go out to the shop and it will be broke! Haha. Shouldn't curse myself like that.

Love that history ! Bring it on ! Would love to see an older picture of my ride.