LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

Let me help you out on what to say next time.

The cars were here before you, and they will still be here when your gone.

Or, (my new favorite) If you have a problem with the cars, than you and I have a much bigger problem.

Don't do ultimatums. You do one, and they walk all over you. 

Congrats on getting it back.

• Like 1
  • Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i am slow , what else is new ?    so heer it is coming home . somebody ring the fu king bell ! cause its time for round 2 !   when i get it in the shop under the lights i will take more pictures. it was used all summer as a shoptruck / hotrod. it got a new hei , air gap intake & a new polished carb...it held up pretty good ...IMAG1810_zps04a5a1e0.jpg

• Like 1

ok adam here's  baby back in here corner ! not much was changed by the last owner , infact he never even switched the title out of my name ! " first time i was ever happy about that " . he did add new air gap hi-rise intake,hei dist,and a bigger 650 carb, some kind of a wind screen behind the seats and almost 1000 miles.

ROUND 2:  i am going to add twin shotgun scoop,autometer tach , solid doors & roof, i am goint to change the wheel and tire combo,, color...not sure what color ? ideas ? anybody?

What i need : since the body held together i want to put a solid top back on it, i need a kc cab cut ,2 standard cab doors , a tailgate ...ive looked at classifieds ..

and thanks boxcar: that's perfect ! infact taking apps now datsun junkie gearhead seeks the same : prefer blondes and female ..dont want you guys gettin any ideas

P.S. O yeah he also smoked the brakes , so iam going to put everything new . evrything !

IMAG1811_zps64057f9a.jpgIMAG1814_zps6826c3f1.jpgIMAG1815_zps57327818.jpgIMAG1818_zpsb41265ae.jpg

• Like 1

thanks mike, i still have not got pictures from him . but i will see him in the next couple days and plan to try again...cross your fingers.  .   .   .i am

and thanks dude  for puttin the word out about the top . i was searching one of my favorite honey holes and for this stashed in the corner . also got seatbelts,tailgate, and a cool  510 steering wheel.

i love the way the shotgun scoop looks and wanted to mount it and do some driving this weekend . but i started looking close to the firewall area , brake lines,plug wires,firewall etc.etc..and i cant put that much nice next to that much bad

.i planned on doin the brakes anyway but as you can see it was way overdue. i am going to re route all the brake lines patch the firewall ,

happy holidays to all and merry christmasIMAG1838_zpsc7b53dbf.jpgIMAG1842_zps450e1545.jpgIMAG1849_zpsbfc1d071.jpgIMAG1850_zps4ed281fd.jpgIMAG1851_zps31fd65b7.jpgIMAG1853_zpsac3ac850.jpgIMAG1852_zpsf224d3d0.jpg

• Like 1

Yo Joe , you don't have to lie to make friends ! Besides I know I am no bodyman . But thanks, it passed the 3 redneck test the other night so that's good enough for me .

Kia spia , blackbird .... Ls that 620 !! Come take a ride in my rocket ! You will get the fever !

I finished the firewall and started putting everything back . Got the wires back on everything hooked up and the throttle cable broke , the oil pressure line blew off twice. And the carb started overflowing. !! Workin on all that today .

• Like 1

Yo Joe , you don't have to lie to make friends ! Besides I know I am no bodyman . But thanks, it passed the 3 redneck test the other night so that's good enough for me .

Kia spia , blackbird .... Ls that 620 !! Come take a ride in my rocket ! You will get the fever !

I finished the firewall and started putting everything back . Got the wires back on everything hooked up and the throttle cable broke , the oil pressure line blew off twice. And the carb started overflowing. !! Workin on all that today .

haha i aint lyin! 

i wanted to do the 5.3 even before the KA. the plan used to be a 5.3 with a z06 cam and a 5 speed or a full manual auto. 

the KA was kinda dropped in my lap, so i went with it... theres a guy on here droppin an LQ4 in a 620.. very interesting stuff.

• Like 1

i smell what your stepin in for sure, plans change projects take on a life of their own .thats the fun !!

well i finally beat the carb , i know alot about edelbrock 600 cfm 1405 , i had to fight every demon , to much fuel pressure,gummed up needles,but its titts now ! got most of the brakes back together , also removed all the wires from the drivers fenderwell, moving the battery and doing the other side is on the future "to do" list.  swapped the throttle cable for something more in direct , dtill not done in this area,still alot coming, new alt & bracket , pullys, hoses, 

also putting the heater back in , cut the hood and start mounting the top and bed piece.IMAG1914_zps924d6855.jpg