Post Your 521.

Dattokai

krecs?

is the way to go period, if you want cheap then go that route.I bought the other brand x before and was not very happy.

Get em Hawaiian you won't be disappointed..

Fixed it for ya.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 521's.  The green on is my daily driver.  The Maroon one has a weber and runs but I have not done much to it yet.  I just recently picked up the blue one.  The owner (nice older guy) had just finished putting a new high-performance cam, head job and water pump on it.  I haven't done much to it either.

P1000455-1.jpg

P1000459.jpg

0516121211.jpg

20130526_210121_zpsacbef7b5.jpg

20130526_210121_zpsacbef7b5.jpg

20130608_081810_zpsf645bc92.jpg

Also, I made up this T-shirt of the 521 diagram and wore it to canby.  I drew it in AutoCAD and created a postscript file that the shop used so it's pretty detailed and nice lines.  I also put some shading in the windows to make them standout.  I'm going to have a bunch made for me and the fam.  If there was interest I could make some extra and make them available for the going rate + shipping.  I'm working on one for the PLG222 and roadster.

I picked up the shirts today and I'm loading the 521 up tomorrow and heading up to Canby Friday. I should have them w/ my green 521 at the show. Can't wait.

• Like 2

Definitely jealous of some of the trucks in here. Was tempted to sell the '72 521 I picked up but I've grown attached to it so my '74 Bug project is up for grabs.

Here are some more pictures. Right now its on jackstands getting new wheel cylinders in the front, with new drums (and possibly new wheel cylinders in the wheel).

I pulled the valve cover off to paint to, and these are some pics of the head. Less than 100K on the truck.

20140524_175650_zpsignvkgky.jpg

20140524_175654_zpsqfmy1vvf.jpg

Pics of the truck:

20140524_175654_zpsqfmy1vvf.jpg[/url]20140511_195048_zpsq6xuxffs.jpg

20140511_195033_zpskgucyyxs.jpg

Have lots of plans for it.

• Like 2

Some big inspiration in this thread, just clicked through all 26 pages over the last few days. I am thinking about buying a 521 for a project because I just got my BMW e30 to a good point that I can daily drive it. Hopefully I will post in here before another 26 pages. haha

Some big inspiration in this thread, just clicked through all 26 pages over the last few days. I am thinking about buying a 521 for a project because I just got my BMW e30 to a good point that I can daily drive it. Hopefully I will post in here before another 26 pages. haha

Welcome :)