Post Your 521.

Dattokai

It will end if you lower your standards. :lol:

So this is me 8 months into my build. When will this ever end!!!

15863721006_06e18feedb_c.jpg

I turned my 521 into a box truck for about a year to haul my pressure washing equipment, and had the bed hang out past the rear axle like your flatbed does, I could pull a wheelie when I dropped the clutch, looks like mine might have a little more overhang though.

wayne%2527s%2520planes%2526things%252001

• Like 2
  • Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flicker kinda sucks, it will not let me grab the code I want, it won't let me copy a photo, and it sticks advertising in your photos, so I see your truck photos, then I see a couch, a credit score ad, then back to your truck, about every third or fourth photo is advertising.

Find another host for your photos, that is what I would do.

I will give one of your photos a try, but I am not hopeful.

15892073106_f4bbc11f2f_k.jpg1972 Datsun 521 by skinknmo, on Flickr

My 1972 PL521

https://flic.kr/p/qdk141

This is the result of a three year restoration... all original configuration as far as I know. Trying to keep with the green theme.

That took a while, I used the BBC code, using Large 2048 X 1536 size.

That is the first time I have been successful at getting a normal looking photo link from Flicker.

• Like 1

Thanks for finding and posting some of the pictures. I could not find the right code either and this is the first online picture hosting app that I tried. The I was unsure of the original factory rim color, which even by looking at green trucks with factory paint seems usually to be cream colored?, I just went with the machine grey it seemed to go with some original interior trims. The truck was painted with the factory code mixed paint.

Misery n MO today...brrrrr

Skink

buy wayno at least his temperature seems to be fine not overheating, a little too cold if anything

gas gauge  ?!  I dont need no stinkin gas gauge ! ! 

and it runs straight up and down when its warm , i was probably pushing a little hard considering it wasnt warmed up . but that ass hat wearing clown in the other lane didnt think i was goin around him .. think again tool bag . 

ON YOUR LEFT !

• Like 2

So your in a cold vehicle(Brrrr), pushing a little hard(sheet metal is bending under your foot), passing a car going 95mph(other guy is going 93mph), taking photos(eye is in the view finder, the other one is closed), with and empty tank(can't smell fumes in the cab anymore), which one of your personalities is driving, sounds like the crazy one? :lol:

gas gauge  ?!  I dont need no stinkin gas gauge ! ! 

and it runs straight up and down when its warm , i was probably pushing a little hard considering it wasnt warmed up . but that ass hat wearing clown in the other lane didnt think i was goin around him .. think again tool bag . 

ON YOUR LEFT !

• Like 2

but that ass hat wearing clown in the other lane didnt think i was goin around him .. think again tool bag . 

ON YOUR LEFT !

swapping out that 3rd member will really help trying to pass people on the freeway. that might be one of the best things ive done to my truck besides disk brakes,considering the amount of freeway driving i do compared to the amount of hauling i do(twice a year iff that.....)

• Like 1

swapping out that 3rd member will really help trying to pass people on the freeway. that might be one of the best things ive done to my truck besides disk brakes,considering the amount of freeway driving i do compared to the amount of hauling i do(twice a year iff that.....)

my problem is ,(many) Mmm.. i am just used to being in the left lane . When i pulled up to the on ramp light forgot what i was driving.  0-60 isn't quite the same as the li'l hooker . lol 

I just sold this truck to a future member that lives in seattle area . this will be his first datsun he will get it monday and he is going to start a build thread on ratsun  , and it will be the 5th new datsun owner i have furnished a rig to this year. 

" Long live datsun "

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...