• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13490873325_e02f24175d_c.jpg

13490865245_ccd1679447_c.jpg

13491093754_d0cabab18a_c.jpg

Big thanks to Gojira for the pics

Yeah, don't paint it,keep the patina! Maybe treat any rust issues you may,or may not have,them clear coat it.

If ever I was to open my own shop, It would be called "Lipstick on a Pig Customs". I can picture the logo now: a vintage style pin-up,only kinda like Petunia pig,or Miss Piggy,applying her lipstick & a "word baloon" where the pin-up piggy is saying " Respect the Patina". I'm not an artist,or I'd have drawn it already & used it for my signature pic.

That's a damn nice looking 521 you have!

• Like 1

as much as id like to I don't think so. I just started going to school so it wouldn't be the best idea as im not working anymore. ive been thinking about a just an LZ with the wires tucked in and some new color under the hood and in the cab. nothings set in stone though

I think in the long run a SR or KA would be about the same price,you can get the newer motors pretty easy and it's reliable horse power.And I n all honestly it would be easier other then converting to higher fuel pressure but that's about it.

I dont know about ur area tanker but over here the price of a ka has been booming up, i believe i got the last decently priced ka

I would not expect a radical change in the fuel economy with the different rear axle ratio.  Yes, there will be some gains, but the biggest drag on a vehicle moving at freeway speeds is just shoving air out of the way.  Air resistance does not change if the rear axle ratio changes.

A higher (lower numerically) rear axle ratio will force you to be in the lower gears longer.  Fourth gear is the most efficient, because it is one to one, no losses from running power through the cluster gear in the transmission.

A stock 521, L-16, 4.375 rear axle was set up that way because the speed limit in the USA was set at 55, on most freeways.  It just so happened that combination put the L-16 at 3600 to 4000 at 55 to 60 MPH, and that is the torque peak of the engine. 

I would find out where the torque peak of the KA engine is.  Gear the truck to run about 55 to 60 at that engine RPM, unless you spend a lot of time on freeways outside the Portland Metro area.  Another good starting point for the rear axle ratio is find out what rear axle ratio was used with that engine, in a 720, or whatever truck it came out of.  But be aware that sometimes car manufacturers would put too high (again, low numbers) of a rear axle ratio to try to gain fuel economy.  This tended to make the vehicle accelerate slowly, and not really be all that fun to drive.

534828_470906379625123_1716398871_n_zpsb

Hey there @erichwaslike!

Was wondering if you hand any information regarding the truck on the right. I have a -71 521 sitting on the side of the barn that I was looking to build, so I have been looking around for ideas. This truck just happened to stand out with it's style. Any information and/or more pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

dude is Radim

http://community.ratsun.net/user/5068-radim/

I don't think he has a build thread but this is just one of his posts in the 620 unite thread, his truck has pics scattered in there  

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27801-620s-unite/page-47?do=findComment&comment=1074733

Was wondering if you hand any information regarding the truck on the right.....

• Like 1