510 camino?? stock? or custom?

My cousin just got back from Costa Rica and sent me these pics of a Datsun 510 el camino thing. All the guy could say to my cousin was " '69.....classic..." lol. Is it stock? or custom? notice it has leaf springs. All I know is that is sick.

You can see the leaf spring the best in this pic.

getattachmentaspxrg0.jpg

getattachmentaspxrg0.c3b997dfa0.jpg

knmnsh8.jpg

knmnsh8.7b881f76ff.jpg

nnlkjknkr6.jpg

nnlkjknkr6.444277a772.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close to "El Camino" style -- that picture is of a 4-door car/pickup. El Camino was a sporty coupe style pickup. The body style was technically named "coupe utility".

Here is a true Datsun coupe/pickup, the Datsun 320 NL (1962-1964?). Ratsun club members have some of these:

0709mt_03_s+1964_datsun_nl320+front_passenger_side_view.jpg

Here's another, Datsun 1200 pickup (1970-2007):

303.jpg736.jpg2371.jpg

Datsun 1200 B120 pickup

nnlkjknkr6.jpg

Those tail lights are what I kind of wanted to do to the 521 but once I got a set of stock 521 tail lights for my truck I changed my mind :rolleyes:

Funny what you think of when you can't find parts..

Why swap VINs? You can register any old car in USA. No worries, no problems.

Alright then. Problem solved. Going to import me some 1200 utes from central america! :D

what part of Costa Rica, I got a friend that lives down there "every winter" and I'm going to have him check around to see if he can find one for sale. I think they look fricking cool. :cool:

I don't really care for that model, but Costa Rica rocks. I almost got stuck there after I got pulled over for speeding the day before I was supposed to fly home :D Luckily the cops played "good cop, bad cop" and the good cop had more authority than the bad one ;)

We sported the Nissan X-Trail, which frankly I wasn't too impressed with (AWD, primarily FWD). The trans liked to pop out of 4th. The crappy rock pan that the rental company bolted to the underside with self tapping screws and no lock washers fell partly off and started dragging on the highway just after getting off the worst stretch of roads we drove on :D I had to pull over at a random house...luckily there was a guy out front working on his cars so he loaned me a ratchet so I could take out the two remaining screws and pull the thing off :)

P2120640.jpg

Are they still making "el caminos" under the Holden label in Australia?

Yes, but they don't call em El Caminos. They are RWD and have V8s. Ford has 'em too (Falcon ute). Austalia, land of the muscle car.

Does Nissan make any Ute type vehicles in any other markets now
I don't think so. They stopped making the Nissan 1200/1400 ute December 2007. The remainders are selling for about $9000 USD now.
you just swap the vin from a truck and tell them its a 521 pick up. :D

I have been told that swapping VIN tags is a felony. Not a chance i need te mess with. I also have not researched it myself either though.

Jason

Know your ElCaminos?

What motor or motors were used in the '61 ElCamino? 283' date='327,348 or 409?[/quote']

Trick Question!

Actually there were no '61,'62 or '63 ElCamnios built.

Geez Mike. You could have given us al least a day. I knew the answer but you beat me to it.:lol: