SoCal Members drive out to Canby 2013?

Canby is still a while away, but was just curious as to if anyone from SoCal,CenCal, or NorCal for that matter are going to make the drive up to Canby?

Erich (Erichwaslike) Shicksal (My Brother) and Myself were highly considering making the trip up there if we can get our cars running perfect by then.... We've got plenty of time left to do that so it may be happening.

Will anyone else be heading up there maybe we can meet up and roll together?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a long trip for any vehicle, but I don't see why it would be any different for a datsun, I drove my 1971 datsun 521 from Washington to Florida and back, and never had an issue, I also threw my 521KC diesel together at the last minute, as all the little stuff had never gotten done/finished, and drove to Orange CA and back hauling a bunch of windshields and datsun parts(mostly rearend pumpkins).

I believe in my heart that datsuns are no different than any other vehicle, and will not break down any more or less than anything else, but the datsun will give you a warning of impending doom/issues, while the others will likely just stop running/break without warning.  :)

BTW, I hope you make the trip.  :D

I've been wanting to go for the last couple o years. I know my wagon would make it, I just don't think I would.

But I do have a truck and trailer so that would be my option. I know it's pussified not to drive my datto.

But the back pain is not worth it to me.

I am just going on my past experience of My first and only Canby trip and a few Datsuns broke down along the way , and getting parts for a Datsun was also difficult. But honestly those Datsuns were not the best running machines before the trip. I would suggest bringing some spare parts and some tools.

I'll be going from the Bay Area. I might be doing it over 2-3 days though. gives me more breaks from the droning exhaust and gives me chances to pop the hood and do quick visual status checks on certain systems.

if you guys want to time it out so we can caravan I'm game

Canby is still a while away, but was just curious as to if anyone from SoCal,CenCal, or NorCal for that matter are going to make the drive up to Canby?

Erich (Erichwaslike) Shicksal (My Brother) and Myself were highly considering making the trip up there if we can get our cars running perfect by then.... We've got plenty of time left to do that so it may be happening.

Will anyone else be heading up there maybe we can meet up and roll together?

A group of the us from the general Sacramento area usually caravan up starting early Friday morning.  Would be pretty easy to drive up from SoCal, stay the night in the Sacto area, and head on up to Canby with the caravan.

If you come up 101 through Eureka,let me know.I don't think that

I'll be going,but I can help with a place to work (some) tools,plus I have

a truck & trailer just in case.

- Doug

what about renting a multicar carrier, 5-6 cars, and holds all of us?

Would be pretty easy to drive up from SoCal, stay the night in the Sacto area, and head on up to Canby with the caravan.

done this everytime.

ive towed and driven.

i swore id never do the other everytime