Another 620kc 4-me

Bob3

I have been missing my '78 620kc. :(

This truck has been in my son Bobby's girlfriend's family since new! Her grandfather bought it new in '76. Her mom drove it in high school. It has been sitting for years in Texas. Now it's mine! :)

White6201.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice 620, Looks pretty straight!

I got a 620 grill for free a while back,If you need one you can have it. Just pay shipping  ;) 

Thanks for the offer. The grill is in the truck. It's very complete. I don't have any time to touch it now. I just stuck it in my storage garage with the others. I'll try and get it going this summer.

• 10 months later...

I re-indexed the front bars and put blocks in the rear. I love how it looks.

lowered10-6-13_zps63801880.jpg

I spent some time and money on the L20b and it runs like  :poop:  :poop:  :poop: 

So . . .

What does Bob do???

I'm going to build a MX620kc !   :w00t:   :w00t:   :w00t: 

I'm looking for a good donor car now. The last two were 1990-93 1.6 cars. This car will have a newer 1.8 !

• Like 1

Oh my, a MX620kc, I wonder how long this one will take, a month? :lol:

Every time you do one of these Bob, it seems like when you finish a section/part, you have already figured out how to do that part better and/or faster the next time.

This is going to be epic, your builds are always epic, they just get done faster which is amazing itself.

This one is likely going to look like a Matrix movie, strap in and watch a pro do his thing. :)

Thanks for the comments. 

I'm essentially doing the same thing as the MX520, full drivetrain and suspension swap. It will most likely be 4 lug, unless I buy a 2006 or newer donor car, in which case it will be 5 lug. I am searching for the right deal on a good car now. I hope to find one in the next few weeks. 

I'm keeping the stock paint and will most likely run flares. I should be able to do it quickly as I seem to get better every time I do one. 

Stay Tuned!  :thumbup:

I bought a 1999 Miata with 33,000 miles from the original owner in Tucson, AZ last Saturday. I flew out there to get it on Sunday. My son Tommy and I drove it home on Monday this week. Here is the problem . . . IT'S TOO NICE!!!

I can't cut it up.

So - the search for the right donor continues . . . 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

UPDATE . . . 

The 620 has been sitting in one of my storage garages at the track for quite some time now. I loaded it up and brought it home to get it running. 

I have a few possible "donor" Miatas, but I don't have the time now to tear into that level of a project. I just want to get it running and cruise it around before the snow flies. 

Hopefully I can ger the stock L20 running and have some fun in it.

I hope to do the Miata swap this winter.

Cheers!

• Like 1