SLOW620

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think a steering gear from any 620 would work? i could got to the yard sometime within the week and pull it for ya. 

give me an example of what youre talkin about cuz im not quite sure

You need a steering box? If so, I have one in my 75 620 parts truck.

Yes very much please. Is it in good shape (not much free play)?

I mainly need the bearings in it. But I'd really like the whole assembly of you would be willing to sell it.

thank you for letting me know about this thread.....

how far back did you set the motor?

What manifolds/headers are you using?

you have any other pictures of the engine compartment?

i went with the 450#QA1 springs on mine

and by the way the wheels look bitchin' on the truck!

thank you!

• Like 1

thank you for letting me know about this thread.....

how far back did you set the motor?

What manifolds/headers are you using?

you have any other pictures of the engine compartment?

i went with the 450#QA1 springs on mine

and by the way the wheels look bitchin' on the truck!

thank you!

I used front motor plates to mount it.  I don't remember the exact amount but, I think that I put the front of the engine about 6-7 inches in front of the stock engine mounts.  So my number 1 & 2 cylinders are over the stock frame mounts.  If you want the exact measurements I'll measure it when I get home.

I haven't bought my headers yet but, I'm 90% sure that I'm going to use Hooker's cast iron headers.

I'll get you some more pics of the engine bay, just let me know what you are looking for in particular.

Nice looking truck, cant wait to see more progress on it.. And if the machine shop charged $200 for the lug redrill. That is about what it goes for, $50 a wheel. I paid that for a truck I did in the early 90s.. So not a bad price for today...

Nice looking truck, cant wait to see more progress on it.. And if the machine shop charged $200 for the lug redrill. That is about what it goes for, $50 a wheel. I paid that for a truck I did in the early 90s.. So not a bad price for today...

Then I guess I don't feel so bad about it.  I guess the reason I was annoyed about it was the shop foreman told me "around $75."  This was just a verbal agreement so I had no leg to stand on.  If he had told me $200, I wouldn't have hesitated to let him do the job.  But the final price was almost triple what he quoted me.  But I guess that's all part of it. 

Again to everyone, thanks for all the kind words, support, and interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Lot of work to revert to a carb from FI.

Not really. It's cheaper, which is the main reason I did it. But according to some research I did just changing over to the carb setup I'm running I'll pick up about 35-40 more hp. Plus I changed the cam, valve springs, etc. It should make between 345-375hp, least that's the numbers comp cams gave me. We'll see once I get it dyno'd. I'm building it to be a street truck, not a racecar, so if I'm in that ballpark I'll be happy with it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know most (if not all) of you guys think that this is one of those projects that just fell through the cracks and was abandoned.  But, I assure you that it is not.  It just took back seat to some other priorities.  But I've been working on it lately, so here is something to hopefully get you guys back interested.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/jeremy_crager/Datsun%20Pics/th_FILE3437_zps349fb348.mp4

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/jeremy_crager/Datsun%20Pics/th_FILE3438_zps3a23a4d1.mp4

• Like 1