GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Unfortunatly you can only go so low on a wagoon(rear) before you have to channel the driveline tunnel. "

True Hainz..i have a mod in mind that will let them lay low & still have shock travel ;)

Teaser of what i've been building...will debut @ JCCS..

20zu4up.jpg

"Unfortunatly you can only go so low on a wagoon(rear) before you have to channel the driveline tunnel. "

True Hainz..i have a mod in mind that will let them lay low & still have shock travel ;)

Teaser of what i've been building...will debut @ JCCS..

For those of us who aren't going to JCCS please make a thread about this! After the event of course so you don't ruin the surprise ;)

Don't hate me........ . but why not just cut out the whole rear floor,, and weld it back in 5-6 inches higher than stock?

All the suspension mounting spots would be the same,, just 5-6 " higher........... and then you could always throw on some 2" blocks if it's still not low enough..

[/endhorribleidea}

I don't want camber,,, ....... My 16x8 +10 wheels would tuck so sweet if I could lower the rear 6-7 inches

710324.JPG

I always kinda like the raked look :blink:

Wagon is still functional if you were to haul something heavy.

I would dump my goon and have no wheel gap, but I like my goon to still be functional of its original intent (to haul shit). Plus...not having to worry so much everytime I go over a bump is a plus in my book.

Rake is like a 1/2 vampire (Blade type...not the gay Twilight type)....best of both worlds. :lol:

It would still be totally functional if ALL the suspension was raised.......... . or maybe just raise the upper shock mounts

I like rakes too...... . but in this pic the oil pan is 3/4" off the ground,,, and the rear is on the bumpstops with 400lbs in the back:

710328.JPG

The front coilovers could still go lower.......... . and the rear would need to be lowered another 5 inches to level out the rockers

It's all hypothetical at this point,,,,,,,, but it would be cool to have a slammed goon that could still haul 400lbs of shit

To each his own on wheel gap. Goons (& all 510s) look great at any height. They are cool cars that's why we have them. But I have the incurable slamming disease. I can still drive it at this height and it rides surprisingly well for what it is but it obviously rides better with the air in the rear shocks and a rake to it. best of both worlds. :D

IMG_1380.jpg

those wheels look SWEET!!! i still like the gold Enkies though. they'd look great on my olive green 'goon, especially if i can get a template made,so i can paint the "datsun" rocker panel stripe on in gold as well.

For those of us who aren't going to JCCS please make a thread about this! After the event of course so you don't ruin the surprise ;)

Im running rear air shocks thanks to Greengoon :cool: & i plan to modify the shackle plate which will wet the lower shock mount down a bit.Should have travel & sit down a bit more.

I was driving along 99 today,almost to Canby, I was about to downshift from 5th, to 4th when my trans popped out of gear. I put it into 4th,& it drove ok afterwards,except for a clicking/clunking sound and some vibration. the car always has a lot of noise & vibration,because of my L16 exhaust on an L20, so it may have been bad for awhile! it seems like a bad u-joint to me (reminds me of the same symptoms as a bad cv joint in a front wheel drive). I read my "how to keep your Datsun alive" manual,which seems to back up my thinking. the book didn't really give me a clear way to check it for sure though,& recommend to have the u-joint done by a shop. i searched the forum here,but didn't find a clear and specific post in the drivetrain thread either. does anyone have a clear way to diagnose a bad,but currently functioning u-joint? thanks -Loren

Hey did we ever figure out how many wagons will be showing @ JCCS ?

I'm in :cool:

Mark.

In the JCCS thread I think we had about 10-13 wagons so far. Might be more than that.