body-dropped 521

BEEBANI

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that...

Didn't someone on here do that to their trucks? I think I saw it in the project section. I wonder if they finished it?

Yeah i actually met that guy, he lives in Yuma Arizona. I believe his was a 520 but i may be wrong. It was for sale & all in parts at the time.

Yeah i actually met that guy, he lives in Yuma Arizona. I believe his was a 520 but i may be wrong. It was for sale & all in parts at the time.

Did he ever post finished pics?

I think I pretty much have everything to do a RHD conversion.

Did he ever post finished pics?

I think I pretty much have everything to do a RHD conversion.

I believe he had the steering,brake & clutch master switched over. Not much else if i can remember right. Ok found the pics he posted when it was 4 sale...

HPIM1253.jpg

HPIM0846.jpg

The original RHD dash is what makes it looks so good.

Just swap your gauge cluster into your glove box area and put the glove box door where your gauge cluster is at. You'll have to fill in the hole for the stock ignition and make a new hole on the right hand side of the dash or find a new spot for the ignition switch. Presto....RHD dash.

This is the only 520 I've ever seen in australia -> http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=284459

If it had a tub, I'd probably try and save it.

Hey mate. Tub = truck bed correct?

Couldn't you just bolt on a different tub from a different vehicle? I'm pretty sure you could find something to fit at the wreckers.

Oh man...this thing is freeakin' awesome! :DGreat job to the owners. :cool:I love that the "patina" is for real! The massive hole in the bed is perfect! I like my Line-X, but this thing is even more low maintenance than bedliner!

Ididnt see any pedals or crap like that ...bet it never gets finished..It is like that real nice NL320 that was on the cover of mini truck several issues back...it wasnt a runner..looked good, At least trucks like Mikes and so on are true drivers,,,some of these guys hack these trucks up so bad that there not safe and they do it just to get a shot in a magazine..but it seems to work so to each there own....curious to see if it ever gets finished and more photos of it .....

Dave i partly agree. They do major hack jobs but do they really ever get driven? We all see the initial pics but after that nothing. Its not super hard to complete the RHD conversion...Drastic 520 used a 720 steering box & modified a few other parts to make it work. Even the pedals bolt up if i remember right.

Thats a different truck. Mark (You remember Our conversations on these subjects) look closely, there are round REFLECTORS instead of side marker lights and also notice the gas filler door on the left side. Is that a mid 1969???