Shortest shifter ever

I was driving my 510 today and the craziest thing happened, the shifter broke off in my hand.

8330606028_3d9aefa7f3.jpg

So I pulled over and looked around the car. Without undoing my seatbelt, I was able to "repair" the broken shift lever by sliding my wheel lock key over the stub of shifter I had left. When I got where I was going I took the shift knob and installd it on the 1/2 inch lever stub. Done! Works "great" till I can git a new shift lever.

8329548919_3bcef49299.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a truck tranny. I had the shifter cut and welded and it broke at the weld. I whent to get one at the junck yard from a 240sx because they are short and I wouldn't have to weld it. I whent to check the trucks to be sure they where the same, thank God I did, they are very differant. The pivot point is way higher and the design is differant. If the shift plate fits on a KA tranny it may be a cheap way to build a short shifter.I will post pics.

Hey I have a fs5w71c tranny in my 620 and the shifter is very short (180sx)   Can you get me a ka24 truck shifter?   The one that has a bend in it?  mine is straight.   Also how much longer are the truck shifters vs the cars?  Anybody have some pics for comparison?

Damn I can't ever see that breaking. It's as thick as your little finger. Was it welded?

It's a truck tranny. I had the shifter cut and welded and it broke at the weld.

Figured that would be it. Brittle weld or no penetration.

I didnt break mine off at the stump. I took mine off at the base of the threads, the last race of the year. On the 1-2 shift, it bounced off the seat and rolled around on the floor while I was grabbing gears with the post. I made a duct tape knob ( after my palm was bleeding) and finished the night with it.

IMG_2092_zpsbf5a6126.jpg

• Like 1

I looked at a d21 shiftter yesterday (single slammer KA and fs5w71c)  The shifter made some wild crazy bends and truns.  Looked like a curly straw.  Is there any shifters that look like the car shifters but are a little longer and angled?

I looked at a d21 shiftter yesterday (single slammer KA and fs5w71c)  The shifter made some wild crazy bends and truns.  Looked like a curly straw.  Is there any shifters that look like the car shifters but are a little longer and angled?

shiftersLarge.jpg

shifterstyles001Large.jpg