The reason I quit the NWDE club

Icehouse

hey if we start having gatherings provided i have the time to drive from P.A. i will come out.. not all of the younger generation have no drive to keep a club going my truck club all chapters are ran by guys my age (mid 20's) and bagged trucks probably should be fair weather rides but why conform and if you break it just fix it. the only time the trucks don't come out is when air lines are frozen (if we can't thaw them) or they are down for maintinance.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that a social gathering is where it is at. There are so many places to cruise in and grab a bite to eat and BS and then maybe go for a cruise. Like gather somewhere and then all cruise in to say a Dicks, A&W, what have you. It is obvious that most of us like to B.S. and chat about Datsuns and all that goo with them. So Like others have stated a nice get togther, be it a bbq, or a drive in..would be a blast....

hey if we start having gatherings provided i have the time to drive from P.A. i will come out.. not all of the younger generation have no drive to keep a club going my truck club all chapters are ran by guys my age (mid 20's) and bagged trucks probably should be fair weather rides but why conform and if you break it just fix it. the only time the trucks don't come out is when air lines are frozen (if we can't thaw them) or they are down for maintinance.

I don't feel like I don't have any motivation, I feel like my direction was the opposite of there's. I also feel the same about "fair weather" cars... I drove Tana's roadster in the pouring rain, it did just fine. They could always get a yucky weather datsun so the don't look like wimps...

I feel that a social gathering is where it is at. There are so many places to cruise in and grab a bite to eat and BS and then maybe go for a cruise. Like gather somewhere and then all cruise in to say a Dicks, A&W, what have you. It is obvious that most of us like to B.S. and chat about Datsuns and all that goo with them. So Like others have stated a nice get togther, be it a bbq, or a drive in..would be a blast....

I say we do it, we should plan a day out of the month. I'd show up for sure, maybe even in a datsun :D O wait thats all I own. haha

i was not saying you had no motivation ice.. i was talking about the comment that the gen y people don't have the drive to stick things out and make things better with NWDE, you obviously do have the motivation i.e. this forum. i was just proving too those who think my age group is all spoiled and don't know what it takes to run a club and put things together.. i think the way you have bowed out of NWDE to do your own thing for whatever reason is admirable.. i think i was taken out of text..

Sorry RB-shaggs I get a little defenceive in this thread :) I don't know if I will take this to the next step and make a real club any time soon. Maybe after I get a house life settles down. I can start a club. I was think every other weekend we could meet at pull a part that would be fun. :) we could do north end then south end, that would be cool.

I personally think Hainz was an IDIOT! He likes to insult everybody and really he would be better off if he kept his PIE-HOLE shut. It would benefit him to learn to use spellcheck too.

It's great to be knowledegable but the insults and smack talking gets real old real fast! Save that shit for the tavern..only there, somebody would kick the shit out of him. It's safer from a distance.

I agree, I don't want his opinion on what I am doing. I just want someones help most the time. I have had a lot of fun with hainz at my shop working on projects. I think he should throw in a nice comment every once in a while. Like when I finished my truck, but nope just made fun of my wriring! O well, he's the one with the fat girl friend. I just wish he could be as positive as he is negative.

I agree, I don't want his opinion on what I am doing. I just want someones help most the time. I have had a lot of fun with hainz at my shop working on projects. I think he should throw in a nice comment every once in a while. Like when I finished my truck, but nope just made fun of my wriring! O well, he's the one with the fat girl friend. I just wish he could be as positive as he is negative.

I personally think Hainz was an IDIOT! He likes to insult everybody and really he would be better off if he kept his PIE-HOLE shut. It would benefit him to learn to use spellcheck too.

It's great to be knowledegable but the insults and smack talking gets real old real fast! Save that shit for the tavern..only there, somebody would kick the shit out of him. It's safer from a distance.

icehouse, I had a fat girl once. Man, she was pretty, smarter than me too, no inhibitions, and as soft as jumping on my own bed. Interesting experience.

imafraidknot, I agree, but thats what makes his posts interesting. Let him rant and rave and be off the friggin' wall. With his unintentionally funny spelling and all. Eschewing the use of a spellchecker is just another way of him saying fuck you, I don't care. Many deserve his scorn, maybe some don't.

Hainz might rip people up, but its because of his experience... hes not a real knowledgable guy really. He DOES have enough experience to make us all blush though. Thats just it though he tries and tries to pound into all these peoples heads how easy it really is to work on datsuns, then when that fails, he goes out of his ways to help them. Then when they sell it, blow it up, fuck it up, or whatever he LOSES it... wouldnt you? He gives away his help for free and these "kids" dont appreciate it or learn from it at all and usually they deserve his thrashings.

Hainz helped me twice, first I had a bad distributor and he brought me a pertronix and sold it to me for $60 thats LESS than he paid for it... I didnt know at the time. On my new car the timing was off a few degrees even though it looked perfect... just couldnt eyeball it, lol. Even Hainz thought the carb was junk for the first half hour.

Hainz is on helluva philanthopist as I've said before, some of you guys are quick to criticize him but also quick to take his free help. Whatever, I sure hope this forum works out cuase I HATE holding my tongue so my posts dont get edited or deleted by THEREALM...

Hainz is on helluva philanthopist as I've said before, some of you guys are quick to criticize him but also quick to take his free help. Whatever, I sure hope this forum works out cuase I HATE holding my tongue so my posts dont get edited or deleted by THEREALM...

Well put Zuum! Now, along those same lines, consider the alternator thread. I have GIVEN away 3 Subaru alternator conversions. Only one of them has a snowballs chance in hell in ever seeing the road. Chris will see it through. The other two, will remain nameless out of respect for the Datto that died with them.

I rarely check the realm any more because I was edited and deleted and no one said a word to me. And I was realy nice in the post I wrote. No understanding of what was up.

I'm here because I value a online Datto community and I go out of my way to contribute what I have to offer. Which admittedly may not be much. And may include my opinion here and there. The key I'm focusing on here is contributing.

THEREALM "club members" post anything they want, but for some reason I get edited a lot for some real stupid stuff even as much as I "attempt" to help people there.

Anyone else remember the "Hainz asked me to do what?" thread? yeah it was a joke and didnt even have a single cuss word in it... it lasted all of 2 mins

Jason Wong is still a cool guy though... One of the few realmies who like a good laff

Iceman, are you censoring? If so, please let us know the rules clearly and concisely so we have a fair shot and playing by them.

We really do need a put up a "forum rules" thing, huh? Personally, I don't have a problem with particular words, it's what context they're used in. And I figure arguments are fine as long as they don't resort to trolling, flaming, or personal attacks.

Perhaps this is something that needs to be discussed now while the board is in its infancy?..

As far as the Hainz thing goes.... I think he's a great guy I just wish he would give some of the high posters a break... I get a lot done on my cars and no matter what he is always amazed.... slow learner I guess.

As far as deleting shit, I've only deleted 3 posts and that is because Mike asked me to. I haven't seen anything I though was to extreme.. I love rants I love swearing I do hate getting my shit deleted off the realm. Which is kinda funny sometimes they don't delete even worse stuff I write. I know Mike said we might lose some people due to it. I'm willing to make that sacrafice.. Sometimes swear words are needed, there is just no fucking way around it.

Oh fuck yea here we go!

[RANT ON!] .... [NOT TOO MUCH] I grew up the son of a truck driver, in Kansas. Then spent 11 years in the Submarine force. I sometimes cuss like a sailor. And, when I'm not at work, or in the company of my elders, women, children or the clergy, I get creative with the way I make a point especially if I'm trying to make light of something. Look at the names I made up in the alternator thread. I thought that shit was funny.

[RANT OFF] .. scared ya huh?

Please please let's keep it like the Iceman said:

I love rants I love swearing I do hate getting my shit deleted off the realm.

I know Mike said we might lose some people due to it. I'm willing to make that sacrafice.. Sometimes swear words are needed, there is just no fucking way around it.

No one likes to be attacked or belittled. I welcome a good ration of shit. You better come correct though, because I may respond. It's all in good fun.

Remember something. We are a bunch of people that really dig 35 year old Japanese made economy commuter vehicles. Since of humor should not be optional.

South Park movie all over again... Fuckers!

I'm guessing the only Portland guys on here are mklotz and I. I am very pleased with DatsunsNW as a club. I am also down to haul my ass and my ride up to Seattle to talk shop, eat some food and/or drink a beer with you guys. I like the Northern Datto contingent... If you'll have me..