The reason I quit the NWDE club

Icehouse

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak
I like Asian chicks! Who's Kim Chee? Or is that a act that is performed, like, I was out the other night and this girl kimchee'd me good!

Mike man I thought yah was married:p ,:eek:

LOL

Just 'cause there's snow on the roof, doesn't mean the fire's gone out!!

My old lady, (actually thirteen years younger) allows me to work on my Datsun, but I can't bring any more home. She lets me look (only) at other girls 'cause we both know I won't find anything better... life is good!

• 2 months later...

After reading this thread from the beginning and these last words of needing a snow shovel to remove the snow hahahaha just kidding........ I tell you this.

I found a real support for me and my Dat in NWDE, I don't know if is really going out of the air :dunno: But let me tell you something, for me, being far from you, I feel you close because you accepted me to enter your community and taught me some lessons about how to do some things. I think I joined NWDE in 2003 and since then ive been reading everything there. I dont know where are things going, but have something for sure, you have a friend in Guatemala that is going to be reading both boards.

Im one of the administrators on http://www.ocguate.com, a community of overclocking computers, so I know this things about people having issues with some others or people that get bored of the same thing and says goodbye and a couple of weeks later they are back, is just like living in the same house, we all for sure will have ups and downs and the lesson that we have to learn, besides what struts to use, is the one of we all getting along and resolving our issues together. i dont know the status of this thing right now........but I will support both forums hehehe

I had a great time on the NWDE sight to. The thing is the only real NWDE member on there is Datsunaholic the rest, like you, just stumbled across it and made it there home. I was once a NWDE member and tried to get more funding (the wrong way it turns out). I decided I would start my own sight, free of boundaries. If you want you can have a shirt or sticker made, and it won't be tied to a club that has no real datsun interests, Just the name.

I do most of my surfing here... why.... because its fast.. nothing personal... just get tired of waiting like 4 minutes for a page to load... and Ive got a screamin connection.

Sorry, I was referring to BLEACH (super moderator)'s post about the moderators being awesome. How about: Huh??, .... Ah, I get it!!

haha yep :D

Not to be the horse more me never being to NWDE, but I agree with Ice that websites, forums, etc are what I flock to and if that isn't there or there isn't support I tend to move on. But I found this site and the realm at about the same time, and thankful for its existence I've stayed and continued to read on about these fantastic vehicles and the owners that keep them up and on the roads. I salute you.

• 1 month later...

I was part of NWDE for 4 years as well. That was over 3 year ago. I was the co-chair for the autocrosses during that time and the editor for the newsletters. I heard through the grape vine that after my now ex husband and I split and left, the club really just fell apart. To bad really. I liked the group and when I took over the newsletters and started attending more outing and car shows, I helped to grow the membership with handouts from the solid 10 to over 75 my last year. This included businesses as well.

oh well I guess

~Christina

I was part of NWDE for 4 years as well. That was over 3 year ago. I was the co-chair for the autocrosses during that time and the editor for the newsletters. I heard through the grape vine that after my now ex husband and I split and left, the club really just fell apart. To bad really. I liked the group and when I took over the newsletters and started attending more outing and car shows, I helped to grow the membership with handouts from the solid 10 to over 75 my last year. This included businesses as well.

oh well I guess

~Christina

They really don't do any pure datsun events as a group, I only saw 2 of them at Canby and there autocross was canceled this year. I left when they wouldn't add any funds to the web forums, aka why I started this page.

They still haven't taken me off there mass email list either.... I just wish they would have put a little more effort into the club, its dying.... You should start your own club :D I would join :D

Not sure I have the time to start a club...but I would consider doing newsletters again. :)

You could start a project thread on your rig to :D

Yes banzai, it is my car...and yes she is VG'd

She is actually The VG30.com install car that Dave Carroll created and has on his website. We bought her from Rob Hancock originally over 6 years ago, who together with Dave made the VG kits. She sat for almost 2 years at the ex in laws until this past fall and with a fresh battery, she fired right over and runs like a champ. We (kids and me) named her "Cloud 9". Thunderhill was where I first cut my teeth with her into road racing. I have autocrossed her for 3 of the years and my other LZ 510 for the previous 2 years, then she sat for two years while the ex and I fought over her. Now that she's home, my kids are bugging me badly to get back out and race her again.