Wacky spoiler

datsunfreak

Was thinking of building my own rear spoiler for my 210 coupe racecar...

Something like this...

2011_intimidator_camaro_9.jpg

Starting thinking about getting some sheet metal and cutting out the "flap" to build it and Tim says "hey we got that old crusty 620 tailgate taking up space, why not use it?"

So that's what we're doing. :thumbup:

Made a rough cut to start the process. Looks like ass in this pic, but I think the finished product will be bitchin'. B)

Needless to say the adjustable prop rods will be on the front side not the back side. :thumbup:

crap_007~1.JPG

• Like 2
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a slight raduis in that deck lid like the B210? if not you could just brake that lower edge under. hell hit the hardware store for some piano hinge and wled to your panel. then add your turn buckels for adjustment.

I made my rear spoiler out of sign foam. then put a couple coats of fiberglass resin over it to seal it up.

is there a slight raduis in that deck lid like the B210? if not you could just brake that lower edge under.

Not as much a curve as the B210, but just enough that I can't really do that and make it look good. :mad:

hell hit the hardware store for some piano hinge and wled to your panel. then add your turn buckels for adjustment.

Current plan is to trace the curvature of the trunk onto this panel, cut it to match, install 3-5 stainless hinges across the width of it, and attach the prop rods to them. It was suggested making them really long so the spoiler can't "fold over", but I believe you'd need to hit 110-120+ to do that. :P

I made my rear spoiler out of sign foam. then put a couple coats of fiberglass resin over it to seal it up.

May actually line the back side with fiberglass to make it a little thicker, and so the reverse DATSUN isn't visible. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Was thinking of building my own rear spoiler for my 210 coupe racecar...

Needless to say the adjustable prop rods will be on the front side not the back side. :thumbup:

crap_007~1.JPG

Hold it level and trace a curved line that matches the hatchback curve. Cut along this line and then bend with vice-grips in about 5 passes about 2" in. This will give you the contour you want and a ledge to screw or rivet in on.

Good thing this is for a 'race car' and has DATSUN on it or.....