any thoughts on oil filter magnets

laotsu

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you put a huge magnet on the oil pan directly under each connecting rod, it will actually help pull the rod and piston down the bore. I bet that would be worth 8-10 hp.

Hey, great idea! now I wont have to install those piston return springs!

"why wouldnt you put a magnet on the filter? 

do you all trust an oil filter that much as to think itll "filter" the small stuff? 

honestly, anything that you can do to take bad shit out the oil that doesnt involve another filter is awesome, IMO.. "

Fram filters should say "Magnets required. Not included in box"

Nobody ever said overkill is a bad thing. If it makes you feel better, go for it.

I used to be SUPER careful about engine assembly, going as far as wiping all the bearing caps with a different finger so as to not introduce any contaminents, but then my boss looked over my shoulder one day and said "if you're really that worried about it, just think about the kind of abuse the motor will see on the track." I did, and I still tried my best. Point is, I'm sure it didn't make a damn bit of difference, but it made me feel better.