• 2 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well now that i have the subaru things are changing and this is on the back burner once again but next summer it should get interesting i might be getting my hands on a newer chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 frame with 1/2 ton axles under it 350 and a 700r4 i now have a radiator for it and a few other things next summer its looking like cab swaping time i might throw my 3/4 ton rear axle in it but i havent decided yet

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well i pulled the radiator out of the truck to start fabbing in a radiator pulled the hoses to find this

286D3FFE-orig.jpg

pulled thermostat housing to find this

68323908-orig.jpg

1D6BBFDC-orig.jpg

whats left of the thermostat

87A669A0-orig.jpg

concerned i pulled the water pump off to have this bleed out of it

0C9EBD83-orig.jpg

but after getting it off i found this

5F31EB94-orig.jpg

C6DC142C-orig.jpg

so over all it looks like a good flush will be what this thing needs

popped the valve cover off to find this

F2F73B2F-orig.jpg

0B42A172-orig.jpg

over all it looks like the motor is gonna be very happy

Hey Bonvo I may have some parts for 6s ,I have a rebuilt carb and bunch of other 235/215 maybe lower 1/2 of ex mani..Had a whole mtr I swapped, was a built 250 6 with short bolts in intake and plugs in top to allow more air thru open holes of intake and chrome cover pan and push rod plates ,I sold for cheap to a guy with a 50 truck,maybe he never used it , I will check out.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1352304914' post='790935']

Good to see this getting some loving :D

yeah man its been to long and ive missed working on it

Hey Bonvo I may have some parts for 6s ,I have a rebuilt carb and bunch of other 235/215 maybe lower 1/2 of ex mani..Had a whole mtr I swapped, was a built 250 6 with short bolts in intake and plugs in top to allow more air thru open holes of intake and chrome cover pan and push rod plates ,I sold for cheap to a guy with a 50 truck,maybe he never used it , I will check out.

send me a pm and let me know what you have/ can get

• 3 months later...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

i have also decided on a final direction something relatively easy cool looking and doesn't require extensive body mods

1110clt-03-o-+nsra-nationals-south+1956-

well good news and bad news did a compression test on this thing today and all were around 100psi if that wasnt bad enough number 2 read zero oil didnt help so its one of three things a burnt valve hole in the piston or broken ring lands/ rings im hoping its a valve

• 2 weeks later...

well my dad has come to the conclution that he wants to rebuild the engine and trans out of the firebird instead of replacing them since its a numbers matching car so that leaves us with a pontiac 350 and turbo 400 with no where to go...and since the 235 in this needs a rebuild i may end up with a pontiac powerplant in this thing

100 isnt that bad it seems like most of those old motors i have run into were pretty loose .. But the zero sucks..  It pops when your driving around like a bad valve .. i drove around an old chevelle that had a burnt intake valve for awhile by just unplugging that sparkplug wire. ( yes i was young and dumb :lol: ) but it did stop the flames from coming out the carb constantly...  although the cylinder being washed down with gas probably didn`t help the engine any.

Pontiac power aint that bad,, but if that needs parts you will pay through the frickin nose ,

And ,,,,and ,  the picture you show for final product is pretty damn tasteful yet on the cheaper side..

yeah 100 isnt to bad considering its a 56 almost 57 year old engine but number 2 is completly dead i suspect its a valve but i havnt pulled the head off yet.though i see no point in fixing the 235 if im gonna end up with the pontiac 350i mean who in there right mind would turn down a free v8? i dont like that i would be switching to automatic but again free transmission is free