• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

progress i got the door rehung on the new hindges wow the door lines up now :P and it doesnt try and take the fender off:D pics!!! me and my buddy jason "roadrash" griffin he has helped me alot along the way

1022081629.jpg

1022081632.jpg

1022081630.jpg

1022081639.jpg

(im the one on the left)

and this is what i want the end result to be way way in the future when im rich

55stepside.jpg

Edited by bonvo
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

well it has been a long time with the accedent and all but i think the time has come to start work on this again sometime next week im going to go out and replace the coil (i think i fried it) and balast resister to see if it fires again then maybe just maybe move it and get the brakes working

Guest kamakazi620

well it has been a long time with the accedent and all but i think the time has come to start work on this again sometime next week im going to go out and replace the coil (i think i fried it) and balast resister to see if it fires again then maybe just maybe move it and get the brakes working

Ya need ta source some 1/2 ton front and rear Axles!!!! then DUMP it!!!!!!AKA slam it lower etc!!!

good lookin truck! hey you lucked out with the door gap. all those old trucks seem to have some half assed repair on the cab corners or something that makes the doors fit like crap. tell your dad to throw a tarp over those babies!

the truck is a california truck not alot of rust i have some pitting in the floorboards and im sure some threw spots with them but nothing little spotwelds cant fix and i have some rot in the cab corners (every truck made eather has or will have this) im very lucky on the door fitment considering the doors flung open at 60 mph (truck facing backwards so wind kept pushing them) bent the hinges and nothing else

as for my dads toys there gonna get put in a 2 car tuffshed eventually

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Thread jack alert: Something I've been working on for the past couple weeks. Thought maybe you might be interested. It belongs to my wife's coworker and is being referred to as "Operation Unfuck". I did a bunch of brake, suspension and steering work along with a 350 swap, full exhaust and tons of wiring. The 283 was wounded and the truck has been parked for about 5 years. He (mostly his wife) wants to sell it but if it doesn't sell it'll be back next spring for a 700r4.

001-32.jpg

See the Ratsun battery hold down?

002-27.jpg

Thread jack concluded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

well finally got it out of the back yard hopfully there will be more progress soon im trying to get it ready for my move to oregon so i dont have to trailer it biggest thing i need is a radiator anyway here are some pics from today

my friends steve and jason helped me push the "big bitch"

0124111452.jpg

0124111531.jpg

0124111606.jpg

0124111649.jpg