• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, yeah right. No offense, everyone says that. That thing will be sitting for another 25 years, then to the crusher it goes :( in 25 years he could have done something with it, thats a looooong time. You know where to find me if he changes his mind :lol:

• Like 2

oh he has done something with it it was a daily for 20 of those years then we moved to vacaville he has done things with them but he hasent had the time to do what he wants with them the firebird was also hi daily for a while when the mustang was hit then when my mom was driving the stang its not like they have been sitting forever

dude thats beautiful im gonna put a 350 in it as soon as i can simply cause the old 6 is just that an old 6 i may snag that carb set up from you depending on funds

i also love how my truck is getting more attention on ratsun then the chevy truck forum im on

Btw bonvo, i wasn't being serious when i said he would never get to it. I was just trying to convince him to trade :D

I really like these old Chevs man, you got a cool pickup. Cool thing is, once you guys get up here you can drive the 610 and work on that. You planning on doin some stuff to it this summer?

actually im hoping to get it road worthy before the move so that i can drive it up vs loading it on a trailer the idea is to have this as my driver in the winter and drive the datto in the summer im thinking this truck is going to end up with k5 running gear under it

The K5 swap should make you look like a La Pine local :P . Don't forget the gun rack. Oregonians, typically, don't love Californian transplants. This should go a long way to keep you under the radar. Getting it running is a great idea. Moving is hassle enough without having to tow a few projects.

yeah i figured since we already have to tow my dads projects if i can get at least one up there it will make things easier it runs just doesnt stop and non of the electrial works gonna work on her today moatly little stuff due to lack of funds (atm) but somthing is better then nothing

• 3 weeks later...

well i did some work to her today not alot but i replaced the ballast resister and took a grease gun to every grease fitting on the ubderside of the truck ( holy hell theres alot of them) took some pics to show you guys what im dealing with

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

looking from the front axle

DSCN0460.jpg

my "exhaust hanger" installed by a PO

DSCN0464.jpg

mickey mouse wiring

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

master and lines that i dont want to deal with they have a nice amount of rust going on

DSCN0463.jpg

and just cause i cleaned it

DSCN0467.jpg

• 4 months later...

i was on my way to my uncles house the other day and it dawned on me that i have 90% of what i need to get this thing running and driving i have all the hydrolic brake parts i have miles of wire and a coil to make it fire so this project will be getting some work done in the next few weeks

• 3 weeks later...

might as well update lol i put a known good coil in it and found that the only thing left preventing it from firing was the condencer is bad buying a new one soon then its getting a brake overhaul