cheap way imho to mount an optima

jeepinjakear15

I am a huge believer in the Optima battery although expensive I don't want the reason for my family and I to be stranded is a crappy battery in my opinion as an electrical guy that is a stupid reason anyway the battery mounting stuff in my 320 is gone being that I am a jeep guy I frequent many parts websites and I found this simple battery hold down tray although not very original its a pretty cost effective solution btw I am in no way benefiting or affiliated with these people although they are amazing fabricators

http://www.bluetorchfab.com/Product/1025/BTF-Optima-Battery-Box.aspx

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Optima's have mixed reviews.. They are a quality battery and carry a hefty pricetag.... I have a yellow top in my Z32. That being said..... If you look at them funny they will die and be unable to hold a charge. This is my 3rd yellow top. First 2 replaced under warranty. Yes, I know how to take care of them. First was bad off the shelf and wouldn't charge enough and eventually would leave me stranded. Second one the vehicle had a slight drain because of a massive stereo/amp and was the reason I had bought the battery. Battery couldn't get charged enough and eventually ran low, not dead dead just low. maybe 10v. It wasn't ever able to recover from that. Warranty took care of that one... now I am on the 3rd and I keep the vehicle on a battery maintainer when I don't drive the car. I don't drive the Z that often.

Anyway, this post was actually about the mount any not the battery. It looks like pretty quality mount/hold down! Did you buy this? If so, lets see it mounted up!

Draker that's odd - I've had my yellow top for 5 years now and it has only gone dead one time - I left the dome light on in my car for 3 days and it didn't quite have enough oomph left to crank the starter. Hooked it up on 10A/12V for about ten minutes, went and cranked her and she started right up. She's never left me stranded.

That being said, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Red-Tops... I'm a Yellow Top fan.

the optima battery used to be great! this is what i was told. since the original owner passed away his son inherited the buisness and took manufacturing to Mexico. their was a video on YouTube of the difference between them. i bought a brand new red top my wagon never seen the road and it developed 2 bad cells

Draker that's odd - I've had my yellow top for 5 years now and it has only gone dead one time - I left the dome light on in my car for 3 days and it didn't quite have enough oomph left to crank the starter. Hooked it up on 10A/12V for about ten minutes, went and cranked her and she started right up. She's never left me stranded.

That being said, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Red-Tops... I'm a Yellow Top fan.

I thought it was strange too. But after looking at some reviews it seems like more people have had issues. The warranty is great though. Didn't have any issues there.