Brodster's pimp-daddy 1985 Maxi-pad

Brodster and I picked up this Maxima goon about a week and a half ago with 118,XXX miles, auto tranny, yadda, yadda, yadda. Yes, it's FWD, and we don't care if you don't like it :fu: We dig FWD/AWD cars (we don't discriminate B) ), but need to get rid of our Subaru in preparation of being poor as hell while he's in grad school, so this will become our new snow/road trip car. It needs a little love in the suspension area, but other than that, it's pretty tits.... meaning so far, everything works, including the "lady in the box" :w00t:

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

And, most importantly, the kid LOVES the s p a c i o u s, reclining backseat!

IMG_1035.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so rad.

Those seats look so plush.

Maximas kick ass.

I own a 2001 SE 5speed.

Maxima.org is a great source of info.

Most of the current generation is new stuff, but information for yours is there.

NWMaximas.com is a joke.

Although they're mostly from Seattle, they still suck. Hipsters.

Fuck you, DJ eBam.

:rofl: Micro ... :ninja:

My gawd !!! all you guys need is a 42" Flat-Screen in place of the windshield. Next.. break out the buttery popcorn and Netflix !!! :lol:

Those seats ... are plusher than plush looking !? ... :cool:

I want that equalizer.. that's just badass even if it doesn't work.

Sun-roof !

Car looks very clean and taken care of ! congrats

I've driven an 88 maxi-pad years ago a few times ... quite enjoyed it.

Maxima.org is a great source of info.

Most of the current generation is new stuff, but information for yours is there.

NWMaximas.com is a joke.

Although they're mostly from Seattle, they still suck. Hipsters.

Fuck you, DJ eBam.

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to bookmark maxima.org for future reference!

yep, and i proved that tape deck works. thank you Glenn Miller!

Haha, you probably put the first tape in that she's seen in years! Now I just need to dig out my old grocery bag of tapes from high school and I'm set for my daily commute B)

My gawd !!! all you guys need is a 42" Flat-Screen in place of the windshield. Next.. break out the buttery popcorn and Netflix !!! :lol:

Those seats ... are plusher than plush looking !? ... :cool:

I want that equalizer.. that's just badass even if it doesn't work.

Sun-roof !

Car looks very clean and taken care of ! congrats

I've driven an 88 maxi-pad years ago a few times ... quite enjoyed it.

Dude, of course you dig it, it's BLUE! :w00t: Haha.

slam it, tint the windows and get new rims and it will be perfect

We are for sure tinting, already put our Thule racks on it, and were just talking about other rims last night, but no slamming. We need it to be fully functional for driving to and from the mountains to snowboard, and to Cali and back around the holidays, so it's staying stock height..... so it will be nearly perfect ;)

dude, coilovers. then you get height adjustment!

Haha, if we had money and time, we just might. But, this car was purchased to be cheap, yet reliable..... Maybe once Brodster is out of school and we're making money again we'll go down that path. But that's a ways out right now. :)

sweet ride, that interior looks more comfy than my living room :rofl:

Yeah, I have to say, it's actually almost as comfy as it appears. Hell, we moved a bunch of shit into a new place last weekend and our dog slept in the backseat of this all day, while it was parked in the garage, and we unloaded a Uhaul in the driveway. He clearly loves the backseat of this car much more than the Impreza's. The Impreza was simply too small for him to spread out and turn around easily.

I dig the stereo, is it actually brushed metal? Thats such a nice look.

It is some sort of brushed aluminum or something, but yeah, it seems to have all the bells and whistles from the 80s. They didn't skip a THING on this car! :lol:

So, after moving the last of our shit into our house last Saturday, Brodster started in on the suspension. Basically if it drove over a dip or pothole on the right side, the ENTIRE ass end of the car would shift to the right. I was DDing this for a few weeks to work in Seattle, so I was putting about 40+ miles a day on it and got a pretty good feel for it. I told him what it was doing, and that I felt that maybe the suspension wasn't responding properly (ie. quickly) enough, and so the entire ass was shifting because the car was actually "falling" into the dip. So, sure enough, he pulled the right rear first and the strut had ZERO resistance when pushed in (it literally almost falls into itself when standing upright), yet had some slow return. And, it was leaking oil pretty badly out of the strut housing as well. It appears that the suspension has never been refreshed, so this will surely make a nice difference in the ride.

IMG_1216_zpsb567c362.jpg

And, these 200sx wheels popped up on CL last week. A dude who we use to live about 5 blocks from posted them, so it was a great time to meet a former neighbor who has a 510 goon that I use to stare as I drove by on occasion.

We'll use these as the general wheels, and put some studded snow tires that we already have on the stocks, and swap out for the winter.

IMG_1201_zpsb0c74a7a.jpg

LOL... funny. There's another set for 125 just relisted today in the FS section here. He's located up here too though. And doesn't specify about the lugs.

Lucky for us, the lugs on the Maxi work just fine, so no issues. It was more of an issue for the 6 spokes we bought for the 510 though. Those we made sure to get the lugs and center caps with the wheels.

To threadjack just a little bit more ,,, if you get them ( the wheels ) before Mt. rainer and you make it, we could take them and they would be 1 1/2 hours closer to Portland ,,and if powercoating ,, i live real close to Jrouchebags shop and could drop them off.

Looked at link ,, it would be more like 3 hours closer to Portland,,lol