I need some help for my corona

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you check the old coil to see if it was bad? Simple test with a test light, first see if the + side gets power with the key on, then check the - side while turning it over, it should flash. There is a circuit that needs to be completed between the coil, condensor and points before the coil will send spark to the plugs. You can test each component per the cars repair manual, you have got a repair manual for this new project don't you?

Simple troubleshooting should be done before you start replacing parts. :)

• Like 3

Previous owner had redone some wiring and messed us up with the wire colors. He had a black wire which should of been red. Ohh well thats fix. Now time to get her running

i guess thats sorta what the problem was ;)

Sorry i couldnt help more, its hard workin on somethin in the dark, and if i didnt leave me house in a hurry i would have grabbed a fricken meter, wasnt a lot i could do without that!

• Like 1

I think I found the problem!

Condenser wasn't hooked up, and I have no clue were it hooks up at. If anybody has a clue let me know.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1345560616' post='743218']

you have got a repair manual for this new project don't you?

• Like 2

Yeah Casey there is always next time!haha

Yeah that's the corona.

And no I don't have a repair manual for it nobody carys them locally. And online there as expensive as fuck.

I went and picked up a similar car (68)for my buddy in eastern southern oregon...nice car jalen...i am trying to convince my buddy to bag and dailey it .... hes notorius for not seeing things through....so u got a chance to beat someone jalen...i got a number of some dude down south that hhandles replacement parts for these ... if u want the info let me know ... my friend has bought several things from him and has been uber happy ... but the guy is old school ... no website ... gotta call him and ask shit....although he has a email so its a start...lower it and drive it jalen ... dont get all buck thinking flares some tens and massive lowness... it wont ever happen just make it a driver and tinker with it as u use it...and for god sakes no zebra tape..

2eDeYe' timestamp='1345657591' post='744138']

$45 is expensive as fuck? :confused:

http://www.autobookw...exd.asp?id=6593

It is when your Jalen! Let's remember ya'll, he's 16 (Is that right?) and his mind is not on the prize. Glad to hear you got it turning over and almost have it fixed. Not bad looking little car, now don't screw it up! :rofl: :thumbup:

I went and picked up a similar car (68)for my buddy in eastern southern oregon...nice car jalen...i am trying to convince my buddy to bag and dailey it .... hes notorius for not seeing things through....so u got a chance to beat someone jalen...i got a number of some dude down south that hhandles replacement parts for these ... if u want the info let me know ... my friend has bought several things from him and has been uber happy ... but the guy is old school ... no website ... gotta call him and ask shit....although he has a email so its a start...lower it and drive it jalen ... dont get all buck thinking flares some tens and massive lowness... it wont ever happen just make it a driver and tinker with it as u use it...and for god sakes no zebra tape..

We had a 67 wagon in Chehalis lined up over by the transfer station but it needed a front end and could never find one ,,so we didn`t buy it ,,,Thanks alot man ...really appreciate ya looking out fer my kid..

Jalen the condenser is hooked directly to the wire for the coil ..picture in link

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://images.mustangmonthly.com/howto/173_0310_pert_7b_z.jpg&sa=X&ei=Wyc1UK7UMKSGjAKvu4HgBA&ved=0CAsQ8wc4Dw&usg=AFQjCNEE2x7YEbPAl3ID46wKUZSbRRmJZA

looking out for your kid? huh :confused:

You knew where to get parts .....my son needed parts

mmmm 67 corona goon thats sounds like it would have been cool ..

Fixed your sentence..

Car is now gone probably to the scrapper, that is about a half mile away..

The one I found was $80 ill go buy one.hopefully the car is at the meet on Saturday

Really, alway always AWAYS buy the book. Buy it on your way home, when you are buying new oil, filters, spark plugs and everything for your tune-up.

Yes, the book shows you how to do a tune-up.

I've read your threads, i know you WANT to work on cars. You need to slow down and hit the books. Stop worrying about peoples' opinions and shit, just get a car running. You can deal with all of the cosmetic stuff later. I'd suggest that you put tools on your christmas list this year. good luck, kid.

• Like 4

Really, alway always AWAYS buy the book. Buy it on your way home, when you are buying new oil, filters, spark plugs and everything for your tune-up.

Yes, the book shows you how to do a tune-up.

I've read your threads, i know you WANT to work on cars. You need to slow down and hit the books. Stop worrying about peoples' opinions and shit, just get a car running. You can deal with all of the cosmetic stuff later. I'd suggest that you put tools on your christmas list this year. good luck, kid.

Truth.

Fuck everybody on this forum and listen to this. Do a little research to find a decently priced FSM. If the only one is $80, well then you have to spend that to play the game if you really want to learn and work on your car correctly. Maybe you can find a digital copy on some Corona forum or maybe a used copy somewhere.

Pick up a FSM, read whatever task you want to accomplish for a few days and then go mess with the car. Make sure you bring the FSM with you and refer to it constantly.

With the proper book and a multi-meter it could have taken you maybe half hour at the most to get the car to start. Old cars are easy if you are properly prepared.

The more you learn about your desired task the easier it will be for you. Then after you've learned a lot and still cant figure out an issue, people will know you actually tried and were just unsuccessful. They won't give you as much shit for not figuring it out, because everyone will know you tried. Right now we just think you suck at life and can't do anything right because you're a little kid who's just trying to be trendy with a JNC instead of owning one for the personal pleasure.

Get some knowledge. Get to work. Have fun and then mob the shit out of the car around town.

• Like 1

^^^^ I agree and it is really the best thing (and first thing) you should get. I work for Toyota and our systems don't even go back to 68 as far as online stuff goes. Any books we may have had were lost, damaged, stolen or throwen away. Finding anything on line is going to one hell of a bitch but there a person on E-bay sells color wiring charts. I'll see if I can find him and post a link.

^^^^ I agree and it is really the best thing (and first thing) you should get. I work for Toyota and our systems don't even go back to 68 as far as online stuff goes. Any books we may have had were lost, damaged, stolen or throwen away. Finding anything on line is going to one hell of a bitch but there a person on E-bay sells color wiring charts. I'll see if I can find him and post a link.

Not exactly true. You can easily get an s30 FSM in pdf. Not because Nissan made one but because someone took the time to scan a fsm.