Yugo,I-go,we-go

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm a little wary of the offset of that motor. Doesn't seem like that would be too good for weight distribution. Then again, you do sit on the left side. Maybe he though it out with scales? Needs some fender flares.

Yeah, I'm a little wary of the offset of that motor. Doesn't seem like that would be too good for weight distribution. Then again, you do sit on the left side. Maybe he though it out with scales? Needs some fender flares.

When you see this THATS your concern lmao. Id be more afraid of bursting into flames or watching the driveline pass me down the road lol

Good lord...think they got a big enough piece of pig iron for the rear bumper? I'd be really scared to drive something like this unless the drag strip is just lined with foam walls.

Thats not pig iron, people seem to call a lot of metals (from steal to lead lol) pig iron but few really are. Pig iron is so brittle due to its super high carbon content its not useful for much besides mixing to make alloys.

I would drive that car like mad on pvt land but I wouldnt take that nonsense onto public roads. Looks like a blast to beat on.

When you see this THATS your concern lmao. Id be more afraid of bursting into flames or watching the driveline pass me down the road lol

Thats not pig iron, people seem to call a lot of metals (from steal to lead lol) pig iron but few really are. Pig iron is so brittle due to its super high carbon content its not useful for much besides mixing to make alloys.

I would drive that car like mad on pvt land but I wouldnt take that nonsense onto public roads. Looks like a blast to beat on.

Lol. I don't think I could control that beast Haha.

455 Tornado FWD .. Did they have a driveshaft :confused: ? ... I'm not sure thought they were direct hookup ( of some type or ?? ) than just halfshafts from the transmission out to the hubs :)

I'm having trouble following DTP's comment. Oh well, it's not very important.

Was reffering to the OLD's Tornado 455 FWD ...

Since it's a FWD vehicle ...

I didn't believe it had a DRIVESHAFT ,,, some other hookup ,,, was curious

Just a regular/non-regular ? hookup from engine to trans for a FWD ,,, EDIT: Wiki said some type of chain hookup was used ? idk not sure never seen one in person lol

than halfshafts from the transmission out to the hubs ,,,

I'm not entirely sure was the point :P

Godzilla :lol:

The Toronado used a transmission, so the engine was not hooked to the wheels. It used half-shafts like most FWD cars. I've worked on many Toros. The first ones had a Olds 425 engine.

Late to party already posted that above 9 minutes earlier

I was looking for info on the chain drive ,,, oh well not important lol ,,, i'm skimming through wiki right now on it.

Thanks

DTP said "I didn't believe it had a DRIVESHAFT" -- that was the clearest part of your post. Maybe if you could write plain english we could understand better what you were trying to say.

Technically between engine and transmission was a push-link drive. Not a chain per se, but somewhat similar. Now many of the CVT vehicles use the same kind of drive. GM innovation at work.

Probably the safest part of the Yugo above is the engine/transmission part.

ggzilla I have a hard time with grammar. I have to spend extra time typing shit out. iIf you don't like it then don't reply. Ask me a question and I can then clarify what I state.

DAT510 thankyou for that picture as it clarify's things better in my mind. I wasn't sure how exactly it was hooked up.