Say hello to Phuglee my "new" 710 Wagon! (Lots 'o Pics)

O.D.D.

Gotta love a wagon for stuff like this. There are literally 10 rims and 6 tires in here... and there was room left to take the woman to brunch after dropping everything off at the tire shop. $60 to swap and re-balance all the rubber....not bad. 

1001893_10151812625816383_631554693_n.jp

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is by far my favorite pic of the rims on the car. 

971565_10151812626581383_1726930018_n.jp

Paint cost on these....

2 Cans of gold laquer $15 + buying lunch for the friend who brought them to me from NAPA (the city not the parts store)  in marina where we race. 

so $30 total.

1 can of clear $6

1 can of black. $5

Making a total of $26 in paint or $41 in cost including lunch. (Mountain Mikes pepperoni and Sausage with extra sauce ...mmmmm) 

Now to get it lowered to a semi-reasonable level. The car is literally sitting as high as it can. I REALLY notice it now that the 205s are off and 195s are on. 

they are literally smaller all around. 

Honestly that sort of thing is not going to happen anytime in the next month, as I am time committed for the next 3 weeks at least. (you wont be hearing much from me after this for a bit)

Until then I will be rollin' high and flashy.

(with unfinished trim and minor details like bumpers etc.) 

((oh yea...and the whole motor/exhaust/interior/stereo/tint bit too...details details))

Cut the springs!!

91y4y.jpg

yEAyUH!

Yea - getting there soon. 

Thinking of a raked look, if for no other reason than I will need a little travel to throw things like engine blocks and other goodies in the back. 

I dunno what the limits are without fucking around with the pinion angle, etc are....

considering up to 3 inches up front and 2 inches out back. 

the 510 needs stiffer fronts...., so I MIGHT (emphasis on MIGHT) re-purpose my set of 225lb hypercoils and get a set of adjustable perches. ($40) IF I buy a new set for the Dime. Otherwise I may start by cutting a little off the ones I have now. 

Not really sure how to stiffen the rear 'cuz Im a total NOOB  to dealing with leaf springs. Something about re-stacking them in a different order? I know I need to get a set of drop blocks and anchors. 

Before any of this I need new shocks for SURE the ones on there now will probably fart dust when i pull them out. 

Alright, baby had her first bath after the new paint job...and I used a little tire shine since I wont be doing any serious corning on these anytime soon...

1005630_10151814276291383_1877160135_n.j

Can anybody tell me what is missing from the wagon at this point OTHER than the obvious bumpers...?994557_10151814276381383_104567909_n.jpg

These need a new coat of black and then they will be getting some special artistic treatment before going back on the car... how soon they are done is out of my hands... I'm buggin' a friend for a favor. 

Alright, baby had her first bath after the new paint job...and I used a little tire shine since I wont be doing any serious corning on these anytime soon...

1005630_10151814276291383_1877160135_n.j

Can anybody tell me what is missing from the wagon at this point OTHER than the obvious bumpers...?994557_10151814276381383_104567909_n.jpg

These need a new coat of black and then they will be getting some special artistic treatment before going back on the car... how soon they are done is out of my hands... I'm buggin' a friend for a favor. 

The rocker panel. Did you cut it off ?  Reminds me of my long gone Chevy Luv 4X4.  :)

The rocker panel. Did you cut it off ?  Reminds me of my long gone Chevy Luv 4X4.  :)

By Rocker panel...you mean the bit under the doors?

No - its just painted black and hiding..... a 4x4 guy (you - I thought...?) warned me against painting any more of the bottom black because it disappears. 

I painted it black to "slenderize" the car from top to bottom visually, but If I lower the car it will still seem way off the ground now. 

great color combo man! 

I was pretty hesitant about the gold. Got some raised eyebrows when I told friends my plan.   

Still thinking of adding more....rear light trim and possibly headlight trim too. still pondering....

glad people are liking it... I figured if EVERY freaking Subaru STI can pull off blue and gold, ..... DAMMIT so can I. 

• Like 2

Also, in case you didn't know, they actually did offer some of them with gold centers from the factory...  

The black in the pockets is a nice addition. The factory probably should have done that too...  B)   

Yup... That is part of where I got the inspiration, my dad had a "tan" Z with them WAAAAAY BACK when....

I just didnt want to have to drive a brown or gold Z to enjoy them... lol.  

2 of these at least were BORN gold.... I removed the last gasp of that paint when I stripped thm. had been bleached to a bone yellow. 

The other 2 were not even clearcoated and were oxidizing like mad. 

after looking @ the pic that 'freak put up... im kinda thinkin' that the black i painted detracted from the overall possible chromie status of those rims.... 

Its not a fair comparison for me to make, they had NO shine whatsoever when I got them (for free) And I'm NOT going to be polishing them to that extent anyhow, even if I left the black out. 

Ok, done thinking now. 

"missing" the turn signals... same was done on my 710 wagon, looks sharp

I stand by my statement. I think it looks so good the factory should have done it too.   B)

I really appreciate the praise, thanks guys.  

But they usually limit the gold to the wheels.  ;)

Ok its not EXACTLY gold..... but ....

Subaru_Impreza_WRC_07_blue_01-1024.jpg

I'd say thats at least a lot of yellow.  (hehe)

The funny thing is The rims are actually more of a copper/bronze by comparison...now that I look more closely. Maybe that color for the next set (on the next car) 

Anybody want a pretty shot out 210 wagon?  This one has been sitting right here in Cotati for years (according to the GF - who lived here for years)

16597_10151825049736383_1293011661_n.jpg

946324_10151825049741383_1086778987_n.jp

Yea - Its a rats nest of decay and disgust. (gag)

Roll down the windows and go to the car wash.

...Though I would be tempted if I had parking for multiple cars. I didn't know you were in northern California - I'd always guessed you were farther south. 

Where is Cotati ?

Roll down the windows and go to the car wash.

...Though I would be tempted if I had parking for multiple cars. I didn't know you were in northern California - I'd always guessed you were farther south. 

So - Cotati is northern bay area. Rohnert park, Sonoma St University, kinda close to Napa but way more west.

I'm not living in in Norcal, just visiting... I live in Morro Bay, by San Luis Obispo.

We were just up visiting some of her old friends. 

Gone for 3 days, this was the only Datsun I saw during that time... so I took some pics to fight the withdrawals.